Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Back to Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to Trucks!

Hello! It's a bit of a long story, but the gist of it is that I sold everything except an '87 Corvette in anticipation of moving to San Diego and never moving again. Unfortunately, we underestimated how much we would miss our friends kids. We're like an Aunt and Uncle to them and see them multiple times per week. So after spending a year away and getting numerous photos and videos of them growing up and being kids, we decided to move back. Unfortunately, this meant moving back to Wisconsin, a state in which the Corvette wouldn't be fun to drive for half the year.

So, of course, we had to find something a little more winter friendly. We're historically a Jeep and Ford family, so we started looking a month or so ago for a Ford F150/F250 or a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. While the Jeep's were appealing, and we had a '90 Wrangler at one time that we loved, I preferred the space and capabilities of the Ford truck greatly over the Wrangler. Originally we were looking for a 2015+ F150, but after talking with the wife she indicated that the $35k budget could include any mods I get after the fact, so I went and found a 2014 F150 XLT w/5.0L for $23.5k that I liked. This leaves quite a bit of room for some modding, though I'll probably go light while I try to pay off the truck in record time. I don't know exactly what I'm going to get for it, but I do have some ideas. The end goal is to swap most or even all of the chrome out with black, a small lift, and slightly larger tires. I may do a supercharger, only because I come from a long line of fast cars and motorcycles and there's room in the budget for it. That was part of the reason for getting the 5.0L, I could increase the power quite a bit if I want to. Things to do:
  • Front/Rear Bumper
  • Grille
  • Running Boards
  • Door Handles?
  • Mirrors - Swap to the power folding
  • Interior/Exterior Lights, LED, possibly smoked
  • ~2" Lift (All new suspension components, not just a few spacers)
  • Wheels/Tires
  • Exhaust - American Thunder?
  • Spray in liner to replace the drop in liner it has
I'm excited to get started! Just need to get my garage set back up (just moved) and start getting some parts!

Old 10-22-2018, 04:07 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Welcome to the forum..
Old 10-22-2018, 06:07 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome, nice looking truck.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

I have to say, it's nice to not stop before entering a steep driveway so that I don't scrape the undercarriage. :-)
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Tommy

Received 4,265 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Welcome to the group, that's a sharp truck!

Quick Reply: Back to Trucks!