Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Simoniz GlassCoat

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Simoniz GlassCoat

A quick link for those unfamiliar with the topic.

Has anyone had one of these applied to their truck? I bought my F150 a few days ago and the dealer threw one of these in for "free" as a part of the sale but didn't have time to apply it before they closed (apparently takes 3 hours). I'm hesitant as I've always been a wash and wax person and don't know how this stuff affects the paint and interior. If it works as described then I'd be all over it, but I'm not someone who blindly believes marketing.

When it comes to the exterior I'm afraid that if the dealer skimps out on the prep then my car will be flawed for the foreseeable future until the "GlassCoat" or whatever it is eventually wears off. But what I'm most hesitant about is the interior application as the last thing I want is added protection at the cost of a filmy or stiff feeling fabric.

Feedback appreciated!
Old 06-26-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

The product is only as good as the application. Prep Prep Prep! That is the key to both looks and longevity. I spent a day prepping the paint on my new truck before coating it, and took 3 days start to finish to get it done. It looks great for a DIY product that I used, but don't know much about the Simonize Ceramic Coat. If they do a decent job, then well worth it especially if it is free.

If they don't well, once that stuff is applied, it only comes off with polishing compound.

Quick Reply: Simoniz GlassCoat