Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Platinum wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Platinum wheels

what does everyone clean their wheels with? I find my wheels seem cloudy after I was them.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NCPirate
what does everyone clean their wheels with? I find my wheels seem cloudy after I was them.
Which wheel do you have, chrome or polished? I have the PVD chrome wheels and I typically wash with a diluted wheel cleaner, Chemical Guys or Adams, spray on the fronts and barrels, scrub the barrels with a wheel brush and rinse off, then scrub the fronts of the wheels with soapy water and wash mitt. Dry wheels and tires with a micro fiber. Then after I am done with all the drying around the truck I will come back with another microfiber and apply detail spray (Griots Best of Show in my arsenal currently) directly to the MF not the wheel itself, I hit each wheel with that, turning the towel over to buff off. I've yet to see any streaking or have any cloudy haze on them.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want something easy to purchase, eagle one has some decent wheel cleaners now and is available at just about any box store. Just ensure to rinse thoroughly and come back and detail them afterwards like GMXT0012 said.

Quick Reply: Platinum wheels