Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Quick Reply/Pagination/Forum Jume..yadee ya BS

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:13 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Quick Reply/Pagination/Forum Jume..yadee ya BS

Whats up lately where everytime i view a tread i've got to go through this BS?
Quick Reply
Next
Pagination
Next
Forum Jump
Next
Forum Header
Next
Got it (Already )

Bad enough all that BS used to be only at the 1st tread viewed, now its every tread.
This is the 2nd time i beached about these goofy prompts.
Admins please allow a way out of that crap for those of us who've been here a while by simply hitting ESC or something.
Rant ended.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

What platform are you seeing this on? Are you logged in? Please share as many details as you can because I have never seen this behavior. Maybe include some screen shots too if you can?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by BadFish523
What platform are you seeing this on? Are you logged in? Please share as many details as you can because I have never seen this behavior. Maybe include some screen shots too if you can?

Thanks
I was wondering why there were no replies to my thread?

Yes i'm logged in when it happens.
Don't get me wrong its a great feature enhancement for the forum.
When it was first implemented those prompts only appeared for the first thread viewed and then those prompts went away for further thread views.
That was ok and tolerable.
Now those prompts appear for every single dam thread i view. Very annoying not to mention a PITA.

Those multiple prompts also happened maybe a few months ago for a few days then went away and now these annoying BS prompts are back again for every single thread i view.

I'm the last of the last holdouts running XP using the Mozilla browser.
If you need more details let me know.
One thing i noticed is that this forum on the login dialog box doesn't have a 'remember me' box to check unlike every other forum i'm on.

I'll post a snap shot next time i login and it'll be the 2nd thread i view.

Edit: Maybe it has something to do with cookies?

Last edited by moparado; 04-16-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:40 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

XP and Mozilla Problem found.

Solution: Use less than 18y/o software. That's not antique by computer years, that's prehistoric

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-16-2019 at 07:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IB Jose (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp

Solution: Use less than 18y/o software. That's not antique by computer years, that's prehistoric
I vote for this as well but @IB Jose can do some more checking probably.
The following users liked this post:
moparado (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by BadFish523
Thanks
RNlcomp Wrote:
RNlomp, this is the ONLY forum that i'm on where this happens.
Granted XP is obsolete but its still the most stable software uSoft has put out.
I got Win 8 on my Lap Top and it ain't worth a crap. Win 10 to try out maybe but not in the foreseeable future.

BadFish thanks for the help.
Do these prompts happen at all for you or just the first thread viewed (as it was in the beginning for me)?

I'm also using DISH Satellite for my internet service. Maybe satellite delay? Naah
I think it might have something to do with cookie handling options in Mozilla as no one else seems to have this crap going on..
Just a guess at this point.
Anyhow here's the screen shots i get every time i view a thread:

Last edited by moparado; 04-17-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by moparado
RNlomp, this is the ONLY forum that i'm on where this happens.
Granted XP is obsolete but its still the most stable software uSoft has put out.
I got Win 8 on my Lap Top and it ain't worth a crap. Win 10 to try out maybe but not in the foreseeable future.

BadFish thanks for the help.
Do these prompts happen at all for you or just the first thread viewed (as it was in the beginning for me)?

I'm also using DISH Satellite for my internet service. Maybe satellite delay? Naah
I think it might have something to do with cookie handling options in Mozilla as no one else seems to have this crap going on..
Just a guess at this point.
Anyhow here's the screen shots i get every time i view a thread:
I never get those. Maybe the first time I ever logged in but I never log out so the next day my computer is logged in. I'd still bet money on it that its got something to do with your operating system and browser.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:39 PM
IB Staff

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

We have no means to support an OS that the manufacturer itself doesn't support....

It's literally too old to properly display modern code.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by IB Jose
We have no means to support an OS that the manufacturer itself doesn't support....
It's literally too old to properly display modern code.
First of all thanks for the reply though it was not what i was expecting.

How do you explain this just happening the last week or two granted before that i got the prompts ONLY on the 1st thread viewed..
My OS and browser software hasn't changed one byte let alone one bit since then.
Seems to me something changed on your end recently.

I can login, reply, start threads, edit, cut, paste, copy, preview, submit and upload pictures.
Why can i do all that much more complicated stuff with my 'old' software then?

Those so called 'modern code' prompts are generated by this forum's software not my software.
There must be a script for my login procedure thats flagging these prompts to display.
Seems to me that would be easy to troubleshoot.

Do you display those prompts only for newbies?
Are you going to even take a token effort to look into this other than saying 'its your software'?

I knew i should of bought a RAM at least their forums and all others i'm on have no goofy issues with the software i'm running.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Suck it up buttercup and update your pc if you want everything working properly across ALL forums. There is no one set of code for every forum or website. There's multiple and they all work with modern software hence your issue. Software evolves, so must your interface.

You can't expect to use an ignition key to start a model A, you have to get out front and crank that sucker by hand.
Same principle applies here.

P.S. I wholeheartedly agree with you on Win8, it's almost as bad as WinME was, more stable but confusing as hell. Win 10 works.

Just for sentimental reasons I was digging thru my archives of files and found a copy of Netscape Navigator, that was a pretty kewl web browser back in the day, my modern system wouldn't allow it to work properly unless I use a virtual box and that's just too much work for what it was/is worth.

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-17-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Quick Reply/Pagination/Forum Jume..yadee ya BS