Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Live Chat

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Live Chat

Hey I have seen other forums rock the live chat and it does great. Can we please get one so we can chat/BS with less reply/topic/new post etc.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

We've tossed this idea around frequently in the past.

The main reason is that we don't want to lose historical data. If a member signs up here with a problem and asks for help in the chatbox, the recommended fixes only last as long as those answers stay on the top of the response feed. Figuring someone else comes along with the same problem and the cycle repeats itself. If we don't have a chatbox, all problems must be presented in a thread and the recommended fixes and all associated responses are saved in the forum for future reference. Make sense?

Another smaller reason is that with as many members as we have active daily- the bandwidth that this would eat up would be astronomical.

Last edited by Lenn; 06-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand but most chat room; when people as mechanical or question that just can't be answered in the room will be told 95% of the time to go post a thread the question. As for bandwidth, that area is unknown to me as I don't run a forum but what if I where able to get a side link to f150forum.com that could be used for chatting about topics on the forum?

Just wanting to help out.

Quick Reply: Live Chat