Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

How do I formally report a user?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Default How do I formally report a user?

I tried using the report button in threads where a certain user continually posts information that in no way provides benefit to thread questions or conversation, but was told by a Mod that just because I don’t like what is posted, I can’t use the report button.

I am all for threads that spur discussion or debate - an example being somebody looking for advice on tires and a user states that they had no luck with tire brand X because of reason A.

I am talking about (for example) when someone asks for advice on tires and a user replies and says that every tire out there is a joke, every tread pattern is junk, and the quality of the rubber is garbage compared to what it was 10 years ago. This is very annoying, provides no actual help to the user with the question, and is more junk that other users have to read.

How to I go about formally filing a complaint regarding a user? Would the mods prefer I just call the user out each time they provide no valuable info to the community? I certainly can, however that continues to clutter threads with useless info that helps nobody.

Last edited by nerdh3rd; 11-29-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

This, like most forums is a place for people to share their opinions, right, wrong or indifferent.

Once you realize that, you won't worry so much about what someone posts.
The following 3 users liked this post by BCMIF150:
BadFish523 (11-30-2017), elricfate (11-29-2017), RLXXI (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Like BCMIF150 said, it's a open forum and everyone has the opertunity to post whatever they feel like posting.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Agreed who wants this to turn into a nanny forum. Infringe on your neighbors rights, you infringe on your own.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:45 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Use the Ignore User function, then you won't see what they post, although if they start a thread you'll see that.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by nerdh3rd
I tried using the report button in threads where a certain user continually posts information that in no way provides benefit to thread questions or conversation, but was told by a Mod that just because I don’t like what is posted, I can’t use the report button.
Welcome to the internet where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

I am all for threads that spur discussion or debate - an example being somebody looking for advice on tires and a user states that they had no luck with tire brand X because of reason A.

I am talking about (for example) when someone asks for advice on tires and a user replies and says that every tire out there is a joke, every tread pattern is junk, and the quality of the rubber is garbage compared to what it was 10 years ago. This is very annoying, provides no actual help to the user with the question, and is more junk that other users have to read.

How to I go about formally filing a complaint regarding a user? Would the mods prefer I just call the user out each time they provide no valuable info to the community? I certainly can, however that continues to clutter threads with useless info that helps nobody.
We would hope that instead of ignoring it or posting something nasty in response, you would post the correct information relating to the thread, instead.

Be the bigger man, as it were.

If this person is truly posting something worthless, people will eventually stop listening. Everyone is an expert in their field until they meet an expert in their field.
The following users liked this post:
RN2013 (12-01-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ll block the user from my views and move on. It is good to know that I can spew any comment I might have out and know that it won’t get deleted or be sent a notice about it!
Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ll block the user from my views and move on. It is good to know that I can spew any comment I might have out and know that it won’t get deleted or be sent a notice about it!
Not true! Although we really try not to censor our members there are rules on the forum. Make sure you stay within these rules and your comments wont be deleted/receive an infraction.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Just bait the user with comments like "Ecoboost is garbage, they dont last as long as a tried and true V8" or "Long beds, because people with short beds dont even use the truck as a truck" or bring up the "Coyote knock" or even my favorite, "LED's in halogen housings". One of these are sure to set off a user to the point of deserving a ban. Hope this helps