Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Ads taking over

 
Old 12-24-2017, 12:14 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 319
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BadAV View Post
I have posted this several times here. I have not had a single popup ad since I followed the below instructions. You should also clear your cache and history when you enable the popup blocker. Just doing that, or using an ad or spam blocker did not work for me.

Corvette Forum admins posted the below work around. I enabled it early yesterday (Wednesday?) afternoon and have had no more popups on either of the sites. It notifies me at the bottom of the screen when one has been blocked. I have received multiple notifications on both sites.

Enter the following URL in the Chrome address bar:
chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture

Then enable the highlighted option.
Did this yesterday. Works great!
skinnyb is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 12:35 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Jaystn62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I use the Garage Talk mobile app from the Play Store on my S8. I never have pop-ups that way. And you can make a list of forums you visit.
Jaystn62 is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 12:40 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
SteveLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,760
Liked 707 Times in 548 Posts
Default

Dear OP:

There's a forum for website feedback.


And if you had the mobile app, those ads go away. Had same gripes. Now I just see small Amazon ads on the bottom which are manageable.
SteveLord is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 12:50 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 192
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I just got this on my iPhone while reading this thread.
I donít mind non intrusive ads but when you take over my browser and launch new tabs and or redirect to the App Store it burns my vittles.
Attached Thumbnails Ads taking over-826b9947-0e91-416d-8c18-418ffa528037.png  
bedebe is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by bedebe:
silvius (01-20-2018), toostroked (01-17-2018)
Old 12-24-2017, 01:12 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
motsco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 654
Liked 97 Times in 78 Posts
Default

i’ve been getting pop ups on my ipad pro and iphone 6 since the 11. update - not just on this site.
seems that apple wants to be more pc like.
motsco is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 04:09 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
PAKINGRANCH13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 323
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bedebe View Post
I just got this on my iPhone while reading this thread.
I donít mind non intrusive ads but when you take over my browser and launch new tabs and or redirect to the App Store it burns my vittles.
Iím back just to keep this thread alive in hopes that others follow. Exactly, show me as many in page ads youíd like and make money. But donít let ads ruin the site. I have an Apple IPhone 8 this is the only site this happens. I love my 2015 King Ranch and have learn a ton from everyone on here, but itís not worth the frustration. I get enough of that from the old lady, kids, and job. Only way theyíll fix it is if there daily average unique visitors drop. ✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻
PAKINGRANCH13 is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 04:11 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
PAKINGRANCH13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 323
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PAKINGRANCH13 View Post
Iím back just to keep this thread alive in hopes that others follow. Exactly, show me as many in page ads youíd like and make money. But donít let ads ruin the site. I have an Apple IPhone 8 this is the only site this happens. I love my 2015 King Ranch and have learn a ton from everyone on here, but itís not worth the frustration. I get enough of that from the old lady, kids, and job. Only way theyíll fix it is if there daily average unique visitors drop. ✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻
....exactly
[img]webkit-fake-url://9cc931ec-6ca4-4c2a-ba4c-c2d161ba2744/imagepng[/img]
PAKINGRANCH13 is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 04:16 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
PAKINGRANCH13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 323
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PAKINGRANCH13 View Post
....exactly
[img]webkit-fake-url://9cc931ec-6ca4-4c2a-ba4c-c2d161ba2744/imagepng[/img]

PAKINGRANCH13 is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 04:19 PM
  #29  
Ezekiel 25:17
iTrader: (1)
 
UNBROKEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,184
Liked 1,172 Times in 748 Posts
Default

Got the Amazon one twice today on my iPhone 8+, never had it happen before today.
UNBROKEN is offline  
Old 12-24-2017, 04:29 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: The Southwestern Desert
Posts: 327
Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bedebe View Post
... it burns my vittles.
I am so stealing that...
Lare is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ads taking over


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: