Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you from a brand loyal family?
Yes, I'm from a Ford Family
51.52%
Yes, I'm from a family that is loyal to a car company that is not Ford
6.06%
No, I'm from a family that is not brand loyal to any car company
42.42%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Are you from a brand loyal family?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Are you from a brand loyal family?

It seems to me that a lot of truck owners on this site and in general have come from Ford families and so they stick with that. Obviously, some people grow up in families that are brand loyal to one car company and others grow up in families that don't have any car company loyalties at all. So I'm curious how many people are from Ford families, how many went against the grain with families that are brand loyal to other car companies, and how many were in families that didn't have loyalty to any one specific brand.

Personally, I grew up in a household that was strictly Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep with the exception of some Corvettes in recent years because my step-dad's father was a Chrysler dealer so he continued on with that. I'm personally not brand loyal to any car companies. I'll buy what fits my needs/wants the best for whatever time I'm purchasing. My current truck was my first opportunity to get my own vehicle (i.e. not a vehicle passed down to me from another family member), and I'm extremely happy with it
Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

My grandparents were a ford family, my mom was a ford person, my dad was a chevy person, my uncle is a chevy person, and I stuck with the ford side
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Wondertwin2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the only one in the family with the ford bug... My brother has an F150, but he also has a Blazer. My uncle had an F150, but he also has a Yukon. My mom and sister drive Saturns. I've got an F150, and once I've got the money, I'm buying a Taurus SHO or a Fusion, (used), and then i'm going to buy a Mustang, of any vintage. Except Mustang II's, can't get over the front end... And once I've got all that, a new F150 so I can turn my current into my play thing.

Now, none of this will happen for a few (lot) more years, but... a kid can dream.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:37 PM
opinions are like *****...

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My family was all Chevy. My dad refused to own anything but a chevy and I did too until they went begging Obama for a bail out then turned around and donated money to the democRATS. Seriously I love my new Ford and dads no longer here to dis own me lol
Old 03-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Mother drives a benz, dad drives a chevy, I used to drive a land rover and now a ford, and the sister drives a honda. No loyalty here
Old 03-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

In Trucks/SUVs Ive had Chevy, GMC and Ford.
When I buy it usually depends on what I'm looking for that year and who is willing to deal.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Fords were the work trucks, chevys were in the race cars.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM

I bleed Ford Blue for the past 20 years, before that mostly Fords with everything else and I mean everything. My folks drove what ever Fords, Chev, Plymouth.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:36 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Even though theres 4 Fords in my immediate family were not really brand loyal.

My dad used to be into Mopars for over 20 years until he got an Olds, then he had two of those and now has a Focus and loves it.

My mom has a Hyundai Santa Fe and one of my brothers has a Dodge Ram.

My other brother has an '01 F150 and had a Focus before it but he doesnt seem to be brand loyal despite owning two Fords.

I currently own two Fords and while I love my truck I cant say that Id only get a Ford when it comes time to replace it. Ive owned 3 Fords, 3 Chevy's, an Olds, a Plymouth and a Hyundai in my lifetime.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

We have 4 fords, 1 saturn but thats only for its gas mileage, were pretty loyal to ford

Quick Reply: Are you from a brand loyal family?