Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Toyota recall... this time trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Yet another Toyota recall... this time trucks!

WASHINGTON -- Toyota is recalling about 8,000 Tacoma pickup trucks from the 2010 model year to fix a problem with the front propeller shaft that could cause the vehicle to lose control.
The automaker told dealers Friday that a crack could develop that could lead to the front driveshaft separating and falling from the truck, causing the vehicle to lose control.
While small in number, the recall is the latest issued by Toyota, which has called back 8.5 million vehicles worldwide for faulty gas pedals and brakes. The recall involves 4-wheel drive Tacomas that were built from mid-December 2009 to early February 2010.
A notice to dealers says the part was manufactured by Dana Corp.
A Toyota spokesman says most of the vehicles are on dealer lots or in the distribution chain.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...i sorta feel bad for toyota, this has got to be rough on them, so many serious recalls that can cause loss of control and are a real danger...though, it makes me even happier i chose my 2010 f150 over the 2009 tundra i was looking at...
Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

i'm loving all their recalls, got in an argument about ford vs toyota the other day and shut the person up with my 2nd sentence

"if toyota is so good then why did they have to stop building their top 8 selling vehicles because of recalls?"
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 PM
HEMI LOL

Originally Posted by Bell Blue Raider
i'm loving all their recalls, got in an argument about ford vs toyota the other day and shut the person up with my 2nd sentence

"if toyota is so good then why did they have to stop building their top 8 selling vehicles because of recalls?"
They did so because that's what any company should do when they have a problem they know of. It's ashame that Toyota is the only company that will step up and do this instead of brushing it under a rug and still selling a faulty product. Every company has many recalls, Toyota is catching alot of crap right now because they have so so few recalls
Old 02-12-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI LOL
They did so because that's what any company should do when they have a problem they know of. It's ashame that Toyota is the only company that will step up and do this instead of brushing it under a rug and still selling a faulty product. Every company has many recalls, Toyota is catching alot of crap right now because they have so so few recalls
Why are you on here? I have yet to see you post a comment that actually contributes to what this site is all about....F150s. If u are here to just cheer lead for other truck brands then go over to their sites and hang out there. otherwise, start contributing to the forum instead of arguing with people and trying to sell why you think Toyota is such a good truck to a bunch of F150 owners. Its a waste of your time and mine.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM
New F-150 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do give toyota props for their handling of the situation, they cut of manufacturing of any more defective vehicles and stopped selling them. Though i do question their motive somewhat, it wasn't until AFTER the recalls were announced publicly that this happened, its not like the first we heard of the recall is when toyota shut down the plants and stopped selling.

Also, they do have fewer recalls than many car companies, and have never really had one as serious as this, but this is one HUGE recall, effecting the companies entire stock of vehicles, not just one or two models. Saying 'so so few' is silly and continues to show your bias...I would much rather have 10 recalls on things that aren't going to possibly kill me, then have 1 recall for something like my car accelerating on its own or it delaying braking when I push the pedal. Though, the mass majority of people that actually do have problems with this, just panic or act ridiculous, it shouldn't be that hard to shut off your vehicle or slowly depress/pull the e-brake.

And don't read into this as me saying others don't ever have problems, as they do, fords, as well as every other car company, have also had recalls for unsafe vehicles, but the one happening RIGHT NOW is Toyota...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
HEMI LOL

Originally Posted by Buck
Why are you on here? I have yet to see you post a comment that actually contributes to what this site is all about....F150s. If u are here to just cheer lead for other truck brands then go over to their sites and hang out there. otherwise, start contributing to the forum instead of arguing with people and trying to sell why you think Toyota is such a good truck to a bunch of F150 owners. Its a waste of your time and mine.
I did contribute by posting. Matter of fact k was just helpin a guy with an abs problem so can it would ya? I'm gettin real sick of people just tryin to bash me me at every turn
Old 02-13-2010, 01:18 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Toyota blows.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:42 AM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

I did contribute by posting. Matter of fact k was just helpin a guy with an abs problem so can it would ya? I'm gettin real sick of people just tryin to bash me me at every turn
then quit spouting your blowhole about how great Toyota is on an F150 site. It seems like every post I see of you is you arguing with someone over something that's not even relevant.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:58 AM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spouting your blowhole.....that one put me on the floor in the fetal position.....

Quick Reply: Yet another Toyota recall... this time trucks!