Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth it to spend more for the retractable cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Worth it to spend more for the retractable cover?

I've been reading a TON on the different cover options, and I apologize for what's probably just another cover thread...

From what I've read, I'm thinking about getting either the Bakflip MX4, or spending a bit more and getting the retrax (probably the matte aluminum one). The Retrax appears like a more elegant solution... just roll it up and it's out of the way (mostly).

Worth it for that? I don't love the idea of the bakflip blocking the rear window when fully up.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Retrax on my F250 and love it. Expensive, yes, but it's so nice and convienent to use. I will probably be putting them on all future trucks I get.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I have the Rollx from BAK and love that it does not block my rear view. They didn't have the retractable covers at the time I purchased. Had they been available, I may have gone that route instead but I also have 0 complaints on my original choice.

Low profile, fairly secure, looks like a soft tonneau but is actually hard, practically water tight, get a little dribble on the tail gate end in a car wash or heavy storm.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 AM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktruck_clt
I've been reading a TON on the different cover options, and I apologize for what's probably just another cover thread...

From what I've read, I'm thinking about getting either the Bakflip MX4, or spending a bit more and getting the retrax (probably the matte aluminum one). The Retrax appears like a more elegant solution... just roll it up and it's out of the way (mostly).

Worth it for that? I don't love the idea of the bakflip blocking the rear window when fully up.
You honestly can't go wrong with either cover setup. The retractables have a ton of security, but the canister takes up some area of your bed which I know some folks don't like. The Retrax covers are fantastic and hold up very nicely. If you're interested in forum pricing as well, feel free to shoot me a message and I would be happy to help!