Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Help for LED Approach Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help for LED Approach Lighting

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to add custom LED strips to my 22 F150 Raptor to enhance the approach lighting feature. When I walk towards the truck, I want these LED strips to light up and create a welcoming effect. I'm planning to use a LED controller to manage some fun light effects.
I have some experience working with LEDs and controllers, but I'm not sure about the best points for tapping into the vehicle’s electrical system for this project. Specifically, I’m looking for advice on:
  1. Which fuse or wire should I tap into to connect my LED setup so that it activates with the approach lighting?
  2. How should I manage the wiring to ensure safety and reliability, especially considering the outdoor environment and the vehicle’s own systems?
If anyone has done something similar or has knowledge about the Raptor’s wiring, I would really appreciate your insights. Diagrams, photos, or detailed explanations would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-03-2024, 03:27 PM

Received 10,079 Likes on 6,511 Posts

I have Starkey under body running board lights to give you an idea. Very high quality, and no cutting into wiring harnesses.
https://starkey-products.com/collect...erior-lighting

Quick Reply: Wiring Help for LED Approach Lighting