Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is my custom ordered F150 built?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:42 AM

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Where is my custom ordered F150 built?

I live in Michigan.... so am assuming that a custom order from a Michigan dealer would logically be built in the Dearborn, MI plant near Detroit...... as that would be logistically less expensive for Ford in terms of shipping?

I printed my 'Window Sticker' from the Ford Cotus site..... but it does not have any of the manufacturing points of origin listed as a true window sticker exhibits.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:55 AM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Friday
I live in Michigan.... so am assuming that a custom order from a Michigan dealer would logically be built in the Dearborn, MI plant near Detroit...... as that would be logistically less expensive for Ford in terms of shipping?

I printed my 'Window Sticker' from the Ford Cotus site..... but it does not have any of the manufacturing points of origin listed as a true window sticker exhibits.
Location doesn't have that much to with it that I can tell. I'm 2.5 hours from Dearborn in northern Indiana and my truck was built in KC almost 850 miles away. You can tell by the VIN where the truck is being produced.

I suggest you post in the VIN Tracking thread, it's full of folks that are waiting for their trucks, just like you.

It should be on the sticker. Here is an example.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
windowsticker.pdf (1,004.0 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by OCMike; 08-28-2018 at 10:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Friday (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shipping costs when only looking at one individual vehicle are a drop in the bucket for the manufacturers, that doesn't matter. Location will be decided based on options (certain plant may only build certain configurations/options), and where your truck can best be slotted in.
Joe Friday (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 180 Likes on 104 Posts

Exactly. If all the machinery/tools are in the KC plant to build your truck and you live in Michigan, they aren't going to ship all the tools to the Dearborn plant just to save $200 on shipping costs. The truck will be built where they can build it the fastest at the least expense. The tracking thread is a great read. I was on it almost daily while my truck was being built. You will learn a lot on the process there.
Joe Friday (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Ok guys- I do have a 'KAN' in the upper left-hand corner of the online window sticker.... looks like Kansas fellas.

Quick Reply: Where is my custom ordered F150 built?