Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's taking so long to get my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's taking so long to get my truck?

Hey... so I ordered a truck a few weeks ago and last week I started calling to ask where it was. I got an email from the sales manager showing a screenshot from their system saying the truck was scheduled for delivery between the 8th (last Friday) and the 12th (Tuesday). At the time it was in Waycross, GA. I'm in Jacksonville, Fl... Which isn't very far from Waycross. So I called them on Tuesday. Someone called me back and left a message that the truck was there and they would let me know when I could come and get it. I'm still waiting. And I realize it's only been two days, but I'm impatient... and what the hell could possibly be taking so long???? It's brand new from the factory! Is there some super complicated post-factory maintenance they have to perform that I don't know about? Can someone please enlighten me? I'd much rather get this done today than spend my Friday at the dealership taking care of this crap.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Pre Delivery Inspection, and general business of the dealership. You probably got shuffled to the bottom of the pile. Keep calling, it's your money and your truck.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

Ask the dealership not a forum.....
Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 AM

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

Wink

I know how anxious you can get when waiting for your Dream Truck. A few weeks isn't that bad. 15 Weeks IS Bad! On Oct. 6th. of 2010, I ordered my '11 Lariat Supercrew with the 6.2. I was told 4-6 weeks. Yea, right? It arrived at the Dealership on Sat., Jan. 15th. 2011. I took delivery the following Friday, Jan. 21rst. 2011, 15 weeks later. I know the anxiety very well. I feel for ya!......Must have pics when you get her......
Attached Thumbnails What's taking so long to get my truck?-11jan19-001aw.jpg   What's taking so long to get my truck?-11jan19-003aw.jpg   What's taking so long to get my truck?-15oct24_0042aw.jpg  

Quick Reply: What's taking so long to get my truck?