Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the ordering process like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the ordering process like?

Hey Guys,

I have never ordered a car/truck from a dealer. I've seen several threads here that talk about parts of the process, but I am wondering what it's like from start to finish. Can anyone shed more light?

I'd love to get a 2018 with the features of a loaded Platinum, but with the 2.7 EB. Looking at the ordering guide, I can't get a Platinum with a 2.7.

What's a newb to do?
Old 07-20-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Answered my own question

Guess I finally keyed in the right search term. Found this old thread.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/questi...actory-141429/
Old 07-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Wink

It went pretty smooth for me. Had to wait longer than I anticipated thou. Just made a list of what I wanted, went to my Dealer and sat with my sales rep.. I had to make a few changes because of options that differed. I have an '11 lariat supercrew 4x4 with the 6.2. In the summer of 2010, I test drove a few F150's, and even with the 5.4, just seemed like it needed more. A little internet research showed that the 6.2 would be available in 2011 in the upper tier trucks. At the time, believe it or not, I didn't know about the Ford build website. Not really a tech guy. So I just looked at the sales brochures on line and made a list of what I wanted. A Lariat Supercrew, 6.2 and max tow with short bed (which was how you got it on the Lariat in 2011), 4x4, paint, options, etc.. Then I took my list to the Dealer. I sat down with the my sales guy and filled out the paperwork. At the time I was considering the dark blue pearl metallic with adobe two-tone, and the Adobe interior. My sales guy checked on it and came back and said I couldn't get that paint scheme in the Lariat unless I went with the black interior, which I didn't want. So I ordered her in the Red Candy metallic instead and I love it. Also, the Off Road package wasn't available either with the 6.2. So after I got it all down on paper, we talked the deal. The deal would change slightly at the time of delivery because of rebate and incentive changes. So then I placed the special order for my '11 Lariat with a deposit and waited. Delivery was suppose to be 6-8 weeks, which would of been around Thanksgiving. Took 15 weeks! I placed the order on October 6th., 2010. Took delivery on Jan. 21rst., 2011.

Last edited by Scarlet; 07-20-2017 at 10:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scarlet:
cwelect1 (07-20-2017), FieroGT (07-21-2017)