General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats My Truck Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Default Whats My Truck Worth?

I have been searching online all morning to see what the value of my truck is. Depending on which sites I look at kbb, Nada, AutoTrader, Edmunds, etc and the numbers are all over the place.

Lately I have been getting a itch for a new truck and knowing what I owe on my truck im trying to figure out what the new truck would end up costing me after have the difference between what I owe and its value for a down payment.

2013 F150 FX2 5.0L 502A Package 41,250 Miles
HIDs, Nav, Sunroof, A/C & Heated Seats, 3.55 ELocker

I also composed a list of mods I have which total up to right at $10K and im sure I have left a few items off the list. I don't have a problem spending a day returning it back to stock and installing the mods on a new truck or selling them separately, just having a hard time getting a true value idea.

*Ford OEM 2014 STX Grill(Bought Brand New From Ford Already Painted)
*Ford OEM 4X4 LowerValance with Black FX4 Tow Hooks
*Ford OEM 2013 LimitedFender Emblems
*Ford OEM 5.0L MustangCoil Covers
*Ford OEM Rear WheelLiners
*Ford OEM Rubber Bed Liner
*Ford OEM All WeatherFloor Mats
*Amp Power Steps with LEDFoot Lighting
*TRS 3000K HIDs In FogLights
*Sylvania Silver StarBlinker Bulbs
*20” LED Light Bar InBumper Hole with TRS Wiring Harness
*Shortened OEM Antenna
*Painted To Match SiriusAntenna Cover
*Airaid Jr Intake
*20% Tint On Front Windows& 50% On Front Windsheild
*DeeZee EZ Down Assist
*Striper Pole Delete WithLine-X’ed Tailgate(All OEM Parts)
*Pop-A-Lock Locking TailgateActuator
*Banks Monster PolishedStainless Muffler & 4” Polished Stainless Dual Walled Tip
*SCT X3 with MPT 87Performance Tune & Unleashed 87 & 93 Performance Tune
*LED Puddle Lights
*LED Reverse Lights
*LED Cargo Lights
*LED 3rd BrakeLight Bulb with Smart Flashing
*LED Interior Lights
*Bak Revolver X2 Roll UpBed Cover
*MagHytec Rearend Cover
*Boss Ultimate SuspensionKit with Spanner Wrench
*ICON Upper Control Arms
*Remote Mount GreaseFittings For ICON UCAs
*Stiffler 4X4 TractionBars
*Infinity Door Speakerswith Harness(No CutWires)
*Factory Sub Box Stuffed with Poly Fill
*Nitto Terra Grapplers275/60R20
*Bora 2” Wheel Spacers
*UPR Catch Canwith Diffuser & Can Extention
*FilterMag on Oil Filter
*Fumoto Drain Valve

Wayne

Old 12-06-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not one single aftermarket item you added will ad value to a trade in, now if you sold to outright then i'd say ok, but the dealer don't care about anything but stock.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 209 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrwe
Not one single aftermarket item you added will ad value to a trade in, now if you sold to outright then i'd say ok, but the dealer don't care about anything but stock.
Agreed. If buying a used truck, anything other than stock would reduce my likelihood to buy. Modifications are personal taste, the quality of components and installation could be questionable, and a truck with performance, off-road, or suspension mods may have the perception of having been driven hard. Your upgrades will likely be mostly a loss unless you find just the right private party buyer.

Also, your mods don't increase the amount a bank or credit union will loan a buyer.

Last edited by Velosprout; 12-06-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:32 PM

Ok stock truck, how much?

Wayne
Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Dealers use NADA for evaluation. Input what the truck came with if it's not already listed when you begin.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 209 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Ok stock truck, how much?

Wayne

In almost all circumstances you will fare better selling the vehicle outright other than trading in. The exception is where there are pending repairs needed that you wouldn't personally want to sell to another individual party. The dealer can't afford to pay you much more than what they could buy the same vehicle at wholesale. If the dealer offers you more, the profit is built in to the sale price of the new vehicle.

The value of your used vehicle will depend on your area. Vehicle values are regional based upon what is popular in that area, the regional job and economy situation, and and the time of year. That is why you will find that KBB and NADA websites ask for your zip code.

A second good way to determine value is to search dealerships within a 50 or 100 mile radius for what trucks like yours are currently offered for. Someone is unlikely to pay more to you for a very similar truck they can buy for a dealer for the same amount or less. Also ask your bank what they would loan for your truck, so you know how much a potential buyer would be able to borrow to buy your truck.

A private-party buyer may not be willing to pay more for your mods, but is usually willing to pay a premium for a truck that has been well maintained. Having receipts for every oil change, tire rotation, air filter change, alignment, and service done to the truck from the day you brought it home demonstrates that this vehicle was taken care of and unlikely to provide problems caused by a lack of scheduled service. A dealership-sold used vehicle usually has little indication as to how well the service has been provided.

If someone personally knows you and your truck and how well you take care of it, you may get a higher price from such personal acquaintance than a stranger. (If they are pleased with purchasing this vehicle, they may well also turn out to be the purchaser of your new 2016 in a few years when again you get the itch to upgrade again.)

Run the KBB pricing for your zip code and the details on your truck in it's present condition for private party sales. Why? Because that is the price the private buyer is going to use as a ceiling as a MAXIMUM that they would pay. Their goal is to get you to sell to them for less than the KBB or NADA price, and they will likely show up at your driveway already armed with the printout.

There are too many variables for anyone online to give you a useful price. Price your truck at your ideal sales price, negotiate down to where you could be comfortable, and if you can't get your price, keep driving it. Don't give it away. There should be another good 14+ years of life left in your truck at your current annual mileage.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:52 PM

I tried to run your truck, but fx2 only showed 2 wheel drive for some reason on kelly bluebook, also some other options I may have missed or added,
but came anywheres between 24 & 28 thousand. Yes, I also didn't know your zip code.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:25 PM

I tried to run your truck, but fx2 only showed 2 wheel drive for some reason on kelly bluebook, also some other options I may have missed or added, but came anywheres between 24 & 28 thousand. Yes, I also didn't know your zip code.
All FX2s are 2X4.

I can up when running then 26-33K. Zip is 70084

And anyone who knows me knows how extremely **** I am about my trucks it's a joke throughout my family in friends how overly **** I am. Tire rotation and oil changes every 3K like clock work. Slow down for bumps, wash the frame and back side the wheels every time I wash the truck, etc.

Wayne
Old 12-07-2015, 07:00 PM

With adding options I know of in exellent condition shows around $24,640,kelly bluebook.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:31 PM

With adding options I know of in exellent condition shows around $24,640,kelly bluebook.
Yeah **** That!

Wayne