General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Default What would you do next?

Alright i cant decide what i want to do in the near future as far as mods go. So I'm looking for any suggestions as to what i should consider to go towards. Right now i'm thinking maybe sub(s)/amp, remote starter, and possible a new brushguard. Im not leaning towards anything performance right now b/c i plan to wait until my warranty is over and then go the intake tuner and exhaust route all at once if the founds are there.
Budget: 750 unless i cant live w/o it lol and in that case 1k
Old 01-10-2007, 12:16 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I would get a remote starter, but I'm old and don't need all that bass anymore I have the Audiophile sound system and it has a 8" woofer with it.
I have a starter and love it. My last 3 trucks have had one and the wife's car to. Vipers is all I buy and they are great systems. DEI is the only was to go. that should leave you some money left over to replace the brush guard to if that's what you really want to do. Besides with the starter you can get the alarm system combo. You will want that before you put the money in the stereo and later find it got stolen. I have the Viper 791XV cost aroud 500 installed and has a two way pager and extended range to start your truck.
Not a good picture and I can take a better one for you later. This kinda shows the remote. Here's there web site checkem out. http://www.directed.com/

Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 AM

That is def. one option but that seems to be on of the things that everybody is getting, but at the same time two of my friend hav gotten subs out in.... i think i might go that route.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 10" Kicker Comps. under my back seat, Box was $89.99 on ebay, speakers were $99 a piece at a local stereo shop, 300 watt Rockford fosgate amp $199 at Best Buy, everything hides away nicely under the rear seat in a crew cab or super cab. And I got a 7" in dash dvd player from "mp3playerstore.com $349. It sounds great!!!!! Right around your budget too. Also as far as the tuner goes, I have the Edge evolution, it plugs right into the diagnotic port, and I don't think the dealership can tell that it was there if you just remove it before taking it in, that is what I did, and they didn't say anything. I mean I'm not 100% sure that they can't tell, but there is an option on there to return to stock, so I did that and simply took the programmer out. I think that cost $349.

Last edited by oe542eeb; 01-10-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: wanted to add
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by oe542eeb
I have 2 10" Kicker Comps. under my back seat, Box was $89.99 on ebay, speakers were $99 a piece at a local stereo shop, 300 watt Rockford fosgate amp $199 at Best Buy, everything hides away nicely under the rear seat in a crew cab or super cab. And I got a 7" in dash dvd player from "mp3playerstore.com $349. It sounds great!!!!! Right around your budget too. Also as far as the tuner goes, I have the Edge evolution, it plugs right into the diagnotic port, and I don't think the dealership can tell that it was there if you just remove it before taking it in, that is what I did, and they didn't say anything. I mean I'm not 100% sure that they can't tell, but there is an option on there to return to stock, so I did that and simply took the programmer out. I think that cost $349.
Can you give me a link or some basic info on that 7" dvd player you got in your truck. how do you like it and what the quality like for only being 350?
Thnks
Old 01-10-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy direct from the website www.mp3playerstore.com, I've had mine for about 4 months now, it works really good, I think the model is a "mdvd60tv, The brand name is invatek, they offer a warranty for I believe one year, it is a single din radio, so you would have to get an install adapter, I'm very happy with mine, they also have alot of other dvd players on that site. just click on the dvd players "all in one section for the flip screen ones, I hope this is helpful to you.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 PM

That helps ill look into that and hopefully make some plans to get something done Saturday assuming nothing has to be ordered but im sure they wont have a box on hand.

Is this it
http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...MDVD-601TV.htm
or http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...d/DVD-818b.htm

Keep throwing out ideas guys.

Last edited by LovetheTide; 01-10-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: links
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

put it in the bank, and wait untill you need it, insted of spending it just because you can?

i dont go to walmart and spend 750 bucks because i have nothing else to spend it on.

just my .02
Old 01-10-2007, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by pro-x-144
put it in the bank, and wait untill you need it, insted of spending it just because you can?

i dont go to walmart and spend 750 bucks because i have nothing else to spend it on.

just my .02
I'm not in any need of providing funds for myself and wont have to for a while or i would be saving this. Plus in a few months i should be making some good money and i might save some of it for the future.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These look pretty sweet. Should have them in next week. I dont know how long they will last. I didnt even know they were making them until a couple customers asked about them.

http://discountpowerparts.com/catalo...oducts_id=1806