Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do these mean?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Big Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do these mean?

I have an edge evo and there are a couple of things on the display that I'm not quite sure what they mean. I see what it says on the screen, but what exactly does each mean?

Like TQC-Torque Control. I put that on the screen an it stays at 0, except when I put my foot on the petal, it flashes 1250 for a sec, then back to 0

Another thing is when I have it on the one that shows what gear I'm in, it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, and then four with this other little symbol next to it. Do our trucks go into that mode where it only uses 4 cylinders and then can switch back to 8 when you need more power?

There are a couple more, but I can't think of them right now, so if anyone can find all the different parameters we can display, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Big Blue

Anyone?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemystx4x4
Another thing is when I have it on the one that shows what gear I'm in, it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, and then four with this other little symbol next to it. Do our trucks go into that mode where it only uses 4 cylinders and then can switch back to 8 when you need more power?
That symbol probably means that your torque converter is locked, which is done to reduce power loss in the transmission at highway speeds.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Big Blue

Ah, makes sense, it does look like a little lock, thanks