Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viper remote starter alarm troubleshooting ( parking running lights )

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 08:27 PM

Received 1,215 Likes on 985 Posts
Default Viper remote starter alarm troubleshooting ( parking running lights )

Looking for help re: viper 5806v in an 2008 f150

i had an issue with my parking lights, one was shorting out and blowing the trucks fuse for tail lights. I disconnected the problem light, replaced fuse, and now trucks lights work properly again.

Problems/issues:

1) viper alarm/starter previously always flashed parking lights for arm/disarm, and kept running lights on anytime truck was remote starter. Since the issue described above, It will flash at arm/disarm, but will not keep lights on when started on/from the viper. I found total of (4) fuses on wires coming from viper brain, but they all test positive (OK) for continuity on multi meter.

2) cruise control hasn’t worked since the short out issue described above (have checked fuses)

im primarily looking for help figuring out the viper running light issues; but mentioning the cruise issue Incase it is relevant.

Last edited by laterongc; 03-22-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:51 AM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 362 Likes on 271 Posts

In a 2004-2008 could be a third brakelight issue. That ties into the cruise control.

As far as the viper, hopefully it didn't short it out and burn something out in the box. Isn't there settings to configure it(for lights on during run, etc?) I'd try and reset it to factory defaults then retry configuring it.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
In a 2004-2008 could be a third brakelight issue. That ties into the cruise control.

As far as the viper, hopefully it didn't short it out and burn something out in the box. Isn't there settings to configure it(for lights on during run, etc?) I'd try and reset it to factory defaults then retry configuring it.
thanks for replying. Yes, I have already checked and replaced 3rd brake light (with incandescent) and its working fine.

Re: viper settings, I think you are right on that, I’m just not sure if that is something I can do myself.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:23 PM

Viper update: after further observation I’ve realized that viper WILL flash light for arm/disarm when truck is not running. but it WILL NOT flash the lights for arm/disarm when it is in remote started running state. Which it previously did do

Quick Reply: Viper remote starter alarm troubleshooting ( parking running lights )