General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed experience when leasing f150 from a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Very disappointed experience when leasing f150 from a dealer

I ordered a custom order F150 Lariat 4x4 502A for leasing at May 2018 from a Toronto dealer in Canada (they threat me do not say their name). 2 months later, they told me they ordered a wrong truck for me. After 5 months, I finally got my dream car. The delay is not the story for today.

After I got the truck, I found the tires is not match ford.ca and window stick. Both window sticker and ford.ca said my truch will come with All terrain tires. But my truck coms with 4 michelin primacy xc, these tires actually not bad. After that I ask the sale for these, they said these tires are what they got from ford. I contact ford for these, they reply my truck comes with 4 AT tires. I forwarded the email to dealer but they refuse to fix it.

After the owner of dealer threat me, I told them there is Consumer Protection Act and Competition Act for "False, misleading or deceptive representation", Now I reported these to OMVIC see if they can help.

Suggestion:
If you buying a new vehicle from dealer, be sure write down every details on the agreement.

Last edited by Chao Peng; 11-03-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:32 PM

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I am confused did the dealer say if you posted there name over wrong tires they'd sue you? how did that even come up in a conversation with them??
Old 11-03-2018, 08:35 PM

I did add these to Google Review. Then the dealer say if I posted the review they will sue me.

Last edited by Chao Peng; 11-03-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

You can share their name here. All you've done is report the facts of a transaction. They'd ask you to remove the review first, before suing you. They're trying to scare you, and it worked.

Maybe they swapped your wheels with a different truck, to make a sale. Seems sketchy. You could probably break the lease if you wanted to since you didn't get what you paid for. Better watch out when the lease is up 'cause they'll probably gig you for damages. They might even charge you for tires...

Good luck.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:12 PM

Received 246 Likes on 196 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
Post pics of wheels so we can see if they swapped.
Hate to say it but you are screwed when your lease is up unless you buy it out.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:16 PM

Yes, that is why I must do something. Pic Posted.

Originally Posted by rsylvstr
Sorry to hear that.
Post pics of wheels so we can see if they swapped.
Hate to say it but you are screwed when your lease is up unless you buy it out.

Last edited by Chao Peng; 11-03-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:23 PM

They actually tried to do that before. But I ask them for an exact model of tires should be on my truck then they refuse to provide and refuse to swap. I may ask lawyer for help further.

Originally Posted by BareBonesXL
You can share their name here. All you've done is report the facts of a transaction. They'd ask you to remove the review first, before suing you. They're trying to scare you, and it worked.

Maybe they swapped your wheels with a different truck, to make a sale. Seems sketchy. You could probably break the lease if you wanted to since you didn't get what you paid for. Better watch out when the lease is up 'cause they'll probably gig you for damages. They might even charge you for tires...

Good luck.

Last edited by Chao Peng; 11-03-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:49 PM

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

The 18" chrome wheels usually have Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires. The 18" sport wheels usually have Michelin OWL tires. Both are listed as 275/65R18 OWL A/S A/T on the window sticker. My guess is they swapped the tires to keep another customer happy.
The following users liked this post:
Chao Peng (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Actually my China dealer friend told me it is normal in China, I just never expect it happens in Canada. The price difference is less than lawyer fee and not anyone can aware of that.

Originally Posted by m2mc2
The 18" chrome wheels usually have Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires. The 18" sport wheels usually have Michelin OWL tires. Both are listed as 275/65R18 OWL A/S A/T on the window sticker. My guess is they swapped the tires to keep another customer happy.

Last edited by Chao Peng; 11-03-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by m2mc2
My thinking as well, we use to do it by customer (depending on whom) request at my dealer. We would also note the change on a supplemental sticker next to the window sticker.

That was 14 years ago and here in the US.

Everything I've read about dealers in Canada pretty much bend everyone over if they can get away with it.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed experience when leasing f150 from a dealer