Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle production hold-up?? Why would this occur?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Vehicle production hold-up?? Why would this occur?

I have been following the custom build of my ordered 2018 Ford F150 on Ford's "Cotus" site..... my vehicle has been in the 'production' phase for a good week...... I don't understand what would be taking so long when I read that an F150 takes only 20 hours to build.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

It probably showed went into production last Friday, Cotus usually updates Thursday evening or slightly after midnight, which means more than likely your truck will show up tomorrow as awaiting transport. It may only take 20 hours, but it doesn't start production the same day Cotus shows it, that just means the order has been sent to the factory, and it takes a few days for the paperwork to process and be sent to the assembly stations.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Friday (08-27-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Friday
I have been following the custom build of my ordered 2018 Ford F150 on Ford's "Cotus" site..... my vehicle has been in the 'production' phase for a good week...... I don't understand what would be taking so long when I read that an F150 takes only 20 hours to build.
Originally Posted by acdii
It probably showed went into production last Friday, Cotus usually updates Thursday evening or slightly after midnight, which means more than likely your truck will show up tomorrow as awaiting transport. It may only take 20 hours, but it doesn't start production the same day Cotus shows it, that just means the order has been sent to the factory, and it takes a few days for the paperwork to process and be sent to the assembly stations.
^ this. when i looked at my truck through COTUS, it showed in production for 10 days
Joe Friday (08-27-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 213 Likes on 160 Posts

I mentioned this in the last thread you posted about the CPO, "20 hours" to produce a truck means nothing in the Cotus world. The actual time to produce is secondary to how long it takes to move the truck through the process. The line is efficient, the logistics are the bottle neck. The truck can be built and ready to go. All the other trucks on the lot, trains, trucks, all these schedules are moving so just because the truck looks "built", the wait can just be beginning. My truck showed in production for over a week. Then it popped to in transit, then delivered before Cotus even changed. If you do not have patience in this process, it can be maddening.
Joe Friday (08-27-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts

Why not wait until the dealer calls and tells you it is ready? Looking at the production and stuff won't get it here any faster.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by seventyeight
Why not wait until the dealer calls and tells you it is ready? Looking at the production and stuff won't get it here any faster.
Because it is all part of the experience when ordering exactly what you want and waiting in antici
Joe Friday (08-27-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 08:17 PM

Received 158 Likes on 103 Posts

Because it is all part of the experience when ordering exactly what you want and waiting in antici
And he is anxious about timing as he has PCO that he does not want to lose, as do I. I am checking COTUS daily
Joe Friday (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 03:11 PM

Thanks everyone... I appreciate the insight.... I was starting to think my vehicle had some 'body/paint' issues and might be one of those that went back through the line for some 'hand-touch-up'.....

Anyway, I checked the other day again and 'boom'.... it popped out of the 'production' phase and is now in the 'awaiting shipment' phase...and the 'delivery date' changed from 4 days, to 9 days.... so I expect the new date is probably fairly accurate given the vehicle is produced and now staged for delivery. Pretty soon now..... drooling as I wait.
RayoVac (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 09:32 PM

I know the feeling! LOL. I was not ready for mine when it arrived as it was a week early, so had to scramble to get the things I needed for it, but they haven't arrived yet, and damn wouldn't you know, got chips already!
Old 08-27-2018, 09:39 PM

I know the feeling! LOL. I was not ready for mine when it arrived as it was a week early, so had to scramble to get the things I needed for it, but they haven't arrived yet, and damn wouldn't you know, got chips already!
Are you happier with this unit than the last one? And, where did you get chips?

Quick Reply: Vehicle production hold-up?? Why would this occur?