General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal and brake light issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal and brake light issue

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my 2011. The right rear turn signal and brake light along with the the corresponding connection in my trailer plug arenta working. I have checked every fuse and relay and bulb. I have checked all the grounds. I changed the mf switch because it was cheap and easy. I opened all possible connections and checked for power. I have no power in the pigtail to the rear. I followed the violet with orange stripe to a connector near the fuse box. No power there. It's sister, grey w brown stripe for the left rear light works in that connection. From there it seems to head to the back seat which I imagine means to bcm. Is that the next step?? Any thoughts? I checked the wire in the channel from front to back and didn't find a break. Thanks for any suggestions and help
Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 PM

Added info: I added led tail lights this summer. When the problem started a few days ago I pulled them out and there was quite a bit of wetness and crud on the wires, resistors etc. Tail light areas aren't sealed up too well unfortunately. If this caused a temporary short or issue and the bcm killed the circuit, what is my next step now that I reinstalled the factory lights that seal up better?
Old 02-15-2018, 04:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

it may have tripped the fet in the bcm for that circuit. scan the bcm for codes, and clear the code if it has one. then retest.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:14 PM

I was juju at literally reading about out that when you answered. Thank you, i will try that now!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:45 PM

Greasyknuckles, i bought an elm reader off Amazon and connected it to my laptop ..bingo! That circuit was killed. Reset it and it's good. Downloaded forscan what a amazing product. Was able to read tons of information live from my truck. Thanks

Quick Reply: Turn signal and brake light issue