General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Toolkit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Truck Toolkit

I have three toolbags I keep in my truck's toolbox with miscellaneous tools stuffed in each. But I'm looking into buying one consolidated toolkit to make things easier to find and less cluttered in the box. Does anyone have any they'd recommend? I'd prefer it to have quite a few tools in it to tackle whatever might come my way.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Ford first timer.

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Interesting & good idea, I have set up vehicle specific tool rolls for my KTM motorbike & my Suzuki Quad - but for some odd reason I haven't made one for my F150 yet.

Definately watching this thread and logging onto Princess Auto tools website....
Old 07-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

The only tools I carry besides the jack and lug wrench it came with is my roadside assistance card, lockout tools, tie down straps.

Made lots of $$$ unlocking cars for people and never know when a good tie down strap will be needed. Road side assistance is obvious replacement for any tool I might need. I'm not working on my truck on the side of the road that's for damn sure, lol.

That's why I bought a new truck with an extended warranty.

Last edited by RLXXI; 07-01-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:05 PM

I wasn't really referring for tools if you break down. I keep tools in my truck because they come in handy sometimes (nothing special; basic screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, etc). But then again, I'm barely ever home so keeping tools at home makes no sense for me which is why I keep them in my truck.

Last edited by GatorMedic; 07-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by cegan1825
I have three toolbags I keep in my truck's toolbox with miscellaneous tools stuffed in each. But I'm looking into buying one consolidated toolkit to make things easier to find and less cluttered in the box. Does anyone have any they'd recommend? I'd prefer it to have quite a few tools in it to tackle whatever might come my way.
On a side not if you are looking for space to put your tools there is a lot of empty space inside the tailgate, you can always put a box inside it.

Like the atlas:

Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by User-One

On a side not if you are looking for space to put your tools there is a lot of empty space inside the tailgate, you can always put a box inside it.

Like the atlas:
That would make the tailgate heavy though.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by cegan1825
I wasn't really referring for tools if you break down. I keep tools in my truck because they come in handy sometimes (nothing special; basic screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, etc). But then again, I'm barely ever home so keeping tools at home makes no sense for me which is why I keep them in my truck.

Ahh yes I C said the blind man, my garage is where I do all my work when not at my job. The only other thing I keep in my truck (forgot to post before) is a set of heavy duty Snap-On jumper cables. I keep them more for other people than my self.

I used to carry tools like that but as I have aged my priorities have changed.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 11rangerZ520
That would make the tailgate heavy though.
Build a compartment out of aluminum or light gauge steel to protect from the tailgate handle and back up camera. The cover only has four or six bolts that can easily be taken off with an allen key. Its perfect for the tools that rarely get used. Then put on e-z tailgate shock.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm a little lost on this. Do you have an "in the bed" tool box? You used the word "kit". Either way Klien Tools (electricians tools) make a wide range of zipper bags, roll up pouches and small tool holders that can be stuffed under the back seat or put into the bed box for organization.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Marc D
I'm a little lost on this. Do you have an "in the bed" tool box? You used the word "kit". Either way Klien Tools (electricians tools) make a wide range of zipper bags, roll up pouches and small tool holders that can be stuffed under the back seat or put into the bed box for organization.
I have a saddle style truck toolbox on my bed. I was referring to toolsets. I've always heard tool-kit and tool-set used interchangeably.

For example: http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do...itemSrc=Online

Quick Reply: Truck Toolkit