General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips Flashpaq F5

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Superchips Flashpaq F5

So I purchased one of these tuners being the main reason was for speedo calibration. When I go to hook it up to the truck, it reads the stock info but then says the device needs an update. I go to the computer where it says 5 new updates need to be installed. I installed them to come to the exact same situation before saying the device needs to be updated. Back to the computer to update and again it says it needs 5 new updates. This continues so forth. I contact Superchips and they tell me my truck needs to be flashed and the PCM doesn't have the latest software and the flashpaq wont work until I get it
re-flashed. The dealer will charge me about 150 to do this but I don't want to if its not actually the vehicle that is the issue. My tuner is saying the device needs an update and so is the Ignition program so it's hard to believe its my truck that's causing the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Did getting your truck re-flash fix this? I don't mind spending the money to do it if its going to fix it, but I don't want to be out 150 bucks for nothing.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue. So I went to the dealer and got the PCM updated/flashed. Yes it was around $100 here. Then the Tuner actually worked perfectly.
Now my only issue is the speedo is off, when I tune. Still trying to work on that.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:23 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DJFord
I had the same issue. So I went to the dealer and got the PCM updated/flashed. Yes it was around $100 here. Then the Tuner actually worked perfectly.
Now my only issue is the speedo is off, when I tune. Still trying to work on that.
Were you able to get the speedo corrected?
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did. I messed with the tire size adjustments and finally figured it out. Now I am only off by 2. I can deal with that.
My fuel mileage hasn't quite been what I was hoping though. Seems to have gone down a little. So I need to call and try to ask if there is something else I can adjust.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks! Please keep us posted.