Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunrise Ford running a scam

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 11:13 PM
Bolder

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sunrise Ford Fontana running a scam

I purchased some parts online from Sunrise Ford. The purchase price stated internet price. So I bought them.The next day I get a email from Oscar wanting more money. They wanted more then anybody else selling the same items. I informed them that I wasn't paying any more money and wanted a refund. Days later I am still trying to get my money back from them.

Last edited by bluejeanf150; 04-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh Robins
I purchased some parts online from Sunrise Ford. The purchase price stated internet price. So I bought them.The next day I get a email from Oscar wanting more money. They wanted more then anybody else selling the same items. I informed them that I wasn't paying any more money and wanted a refund. Days later I am still trying to get my money back from them.
You talking the Sunrise Ford in Fontana? I'm sure there are others, but that's the only one I know of.
Anyway, so you bought a part off their website for 'X' amount, paid for it, and got a message(like on every other e-commerce site) saying your order is complete, yada yada
Then you got a email from some idiot telling you they changed the price and you magically owe them more money?
I wouldn't even mess with them any longer. You've got your email receipt, just take it to your CC company and dispute the charge.
Pretty much every reputable CC company credits you back for the charge immediately, then goes after the vendor-who doesn't wanna **** off MC/Visa/Amex etc, 'cuz they'll jeopardize their ability to take these forms of payment
Old 04-10-2019, 09:43 AM

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by yokev
You talking the Sunrise Ford in Fontana? I'm sure there are others, but that's the only one I know of.
Anyway, so you bought a part off their website for 'X' amount, paid for it, and got a message(like on every other e-commerce site) saying your order is complete, yada yada
Then you got a email from some idiot telling you they changed the price and you magically owe them more money?
I wouldn't even mess with them any longer. You've got your email receipt, just take it to your CC company and dispute the charge.
Pretty much every reputable CC company credits you back for the charge immediately, then goes after the vendor-who doesn't wanna **** off MC/Visa/Amex etc, 'cuz they'll jeopardize their ability to take these forms of payment
Exactly what he said.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Received 797 Likes on 577 Posts

Or call them and say refund me or I'm filing a cc dispute. Most companies bend over for you when you mention the magical words "credit card dispute" ... I hold out till the very last second but if someone's trying to screw me over and I've given them chances to fix it, I threaten them with it and if they still don't want to play ball then I follow thru. As the buyer you've got some pretty good protection from crap like that. Very rarely do I have to actually file but I've done it a time or two and got my money back with no hassle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Bolder

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dispute

Originally Posted by fordguy2100
Or call them and say refund me or I'm filing a cc dispute. Most companies bend over for you when you mention the magical words "credit card dispute" ... I hold out till the very last second but if someone's trying to screw me over and I've given them chances to fix it, I threaten them with it and if they still don't want to play ball then I follow thru. As the buyer you've got some pretty good protection from crap like that. Very rarely do I have to actually file but I've done it a time or two and got my money back with no hassle.

It appears that I am going to have to. I have given them 5 days and several emails later and still nothing. I used PayPal so it should be rather easy. I just can't believe someone would tarnish there name like this.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

And then blast them on every major website. Even their own website for reviews.
The following users liked this post:
rmc63 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

If I were the OP I would be very careful. I do not know Sunrise Ford, but I can tell you that their website, like any good website, has disclaimers.

No Warranty. The accuracy and reliability of the content on this site is not guaranteed. The content from this site is provided “AS IS” and all warrantees, either express or implied are disclaimed including, without limitation, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We assume no liability for any errors, bugs, viruses, omissions, or other problems with the content on this site. To the fullest extent of the law, we make no representation or warrantees of any kind whatsoever with respect to the content on this site or the materials, information and functions made accessible by the software used or accessed for any products or services or hypertext links to third party sites, or for any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through this site or any further linked site. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, or secure access to this site and operation of this site may be in the interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control.

What this means is that if they advertise an item for $200 by mistake, and it should be $300, they have a right to either cancel the order or get the customer to pay more, or the customer may cancel. To accuse them of "running a scam" at this point, and posting under your name (and giving your location), is pretty foolhardy. If I were the owner, I'd a) process your refund and b) send you a lawyer letter telling you to remove the content immediately.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm a 30 year vet of the Ford parts business and if I make a mistake underpricing a part I'll eat the difference. I'd rather do that than lose a customer.
The following users liked this post:
rajacat (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc63
I'm a 30 year vet of the Ford parts business and if I make a mistake underpricing a part I'll eat the difference. I'd rather do that than lose a customer.
As what any GOOD business would do to keep their business for now and the future.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
As what any GOOD business would do to keep their business for now and the future.
But now we live in a world where business sue people for bad internet reviews.

Quick Reply: Sunrise Ford running a scam