General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

subwoofer mounting help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default subwoofer mounting help

hello I have an 8 inch subwoofer that i am trying to mount and i got it mounted and when i got it mounted it vibrated the box so my question is "What is the best thing to put in between the sub and the box to stop the vibration"?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
A6K

The sub did not come with a foam gasket that seats between the sub and the box? Or is that just not enough?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 PM

no they didnt anything thing i can use to make a gasket
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM
A6K

I would just go to best buy or some place that sells audio equipment and I am sure they sell those individually just tell them your looking for the foam gasket for in between the sub and box they will know what your talking about (hopefully some of those people are idiots) otherwise you could probably find some material similar and waste your time cutting it and all that. all it is is a 1/4" thick piece of foam can't think of anything of the top of my head that resembles it closely.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Geek-a-saurus Rex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inflms656
I would just go to best buy or some place that sells audio equipment and I am sure they sell those individually just tell them your looking for the foam gasket for in between the sub and box they will know what your talking about (hopefully some of those people are idiots) otherwise you could probably find some material similar and waste your time cutting it and all that. all it is is a 1/4" thick piece of foam can't think of anything of the top of my head that resembles it closely.
You could try DynoMat. They have that at Best Buy too, or at least they used to.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always just let the carpeting on the box act as an isolation material, but most of the subs I've dealt with had either a foam or rubber backing anyway.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flyingbrick
I always just let the carpeting on the box act as an isolation material, but most of the subs I've dealt with had either a foam or rubber backing anyway.
Same here. I also fill the box with pillow stuffing and caulk all the joints with NP-1. Only costs a few bucks more and should help in the long run.

Quick Reply: subwoofer mounting help