General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storage

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Storage

I finally got my seat back to fold down. After I painfully crammed my hand down there and released the catch, I found the pin had a hex head. And stuck inside the seat was a strap with a plastic part that snapped onto this hex head. Snapped it on and now just pull on the strap. So there may be a Ford part number for the strap. Anyway, my seat folds and is stock. 2018 XLT Supercab.

Now, what do I put back there?
Old 06-14-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't know how the storage room compares to my 12th gen screw, but I keep stuff back there that doesn't get used much. There's a spare change of clothes and an extra thick hoodie, emergency air compressor, some extra ratchet straps, jumper cable. There may or may not be an old .22. And that's just the driver's side. There's a car seat that stay's on the passenger side, so I don't keep anything over there at this time.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:45 PM

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Less frequently used tools, definitely. Impact wrench and socket(s) for roadside, lithium jump pack, med kit, bungees/rope.

I have a factory sub but on top of my jack I store my lithium jump pack. All the rest is stored under the seats, plus a lot of tools I might need(and some backups) that aren't in my regular tool bags.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Puzzling why the strap wasn't fixed to that hex head release pin from the factory if its really an OEM strap.

Haven't done it yet but one of these days i'm gonna try to pull the seats down then a DIY strap thing..
About the only things i could put back there are my jumper cables, bed hold down adapters, rope, bunge cords, red flag for hauling long stuff, tow strap, small tool kit and maybe a long breaker bar/socket for changing out flat tires.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:18 PM

moparado I was a little puzzled why the strap was there myself. Ford obviously doesn't want the seat back to fold forward, I'm pretty sure the catch is still there because it would be extremely hard to remove the seat for possible service if the back didn't fold forward. But it was there and the pin was made different than all the pictures I've seen from people who have released it and folded the seat. This pin had a hex head on it. The strap was stuck under the cloth of the seat back. I've put a first aid kit, blanket and a change of clothes back there.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:36 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Guthrie
And stuck inside the seat was a strap with a plastic part that snapped onto this hex head. Snapped it on and now just pull on the strap.
Got any pics of this?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:47 PM

Well, I can take a picture, tomorrow. Don't you believe me? It's pretty simple, the pin has a hex head and there is a strap with a piece of plastic that snaps on. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture.
Too many mosquitos around my pickup at dark30.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Guthrie
Well, I can take a picture, tomorrow. Don't you believe me? It's pretty simple, the pin has a hex head and there is a strap with a piece of plastic that snaps on. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture.
Too many mosquitos around my pickup at dark30.
Easy big fella... never seen one or heard about this. I’m just curious.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:24 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Easy big fella... never seen one or heard about this. I’m just curious.
Yeah, me too.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 PM

Default Ok

I was mistaken the pin is has a rectangular head.

Quick Reply: Storage