General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Steering wheel cover

What's up dudes? I'm looking for a nice steering wheel cover. I bought one from WalMart a few months ago. I put it on in the parking lot. I could tell right away that it was too small but that didn't stop me from putting it on. What started as a small rip is now almost all the way around the cover.

I figured since my hands are on the steering wheel most of the time I drive that I should invest in a decent cover. I've looked at a few websites and am kinda leaning toward the sow on kind but most of the pictures I see make the cover look out of place on the steering wheel. I would like the cover to be pleasing to the eyes as well as my hands. A lot of the time when I get in the truck my hands can be pretty sweaty and filthy so it needs to be durable.

If you guys have any recommendations I would appreciate the help.

Last edited by PondJumper; 07-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Junkyard Crusader

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I got one from my local auto parts store for about 10 bucks. Pretty good qaulity and very comfortable, its just a basic ford one
Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Just got this one at Walmart the other day. Hard to get on but no complaints. Yet anyways

Steering wheel cover-forumrunner_20120703_122013.jpg
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

I almost got the same one but was worried it may make the steering wheel feel to big.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by PondJumper
What's up dudes? I'm looking for a nice steering wheel cover. I bought one from WalMart a few months ago. I put it on in the parking lot. I could tell right away that it was too small but that didn't stop me from putting it on. What started as a small rip is now almost all the way around the cover.

I figured since my hands are on the steering wheel most of the time I drive that I should invest in a decent cover. I've looked at a few websites and am kinda leaning toward the sow on kind but most of the pictures I see make the cover look out of place on the steering wheel. I would like the cover to be pleasing to the eyes as well as my hands. A lot of the time when I get in the truck my hands can be pretty sweaty and filthy so it needs to be durable.

If you guys have any recommendations I would appreciate the help.
OP I'm having the same issue, My steering wheel is getting beat up and i kind find a decent looking steering wheel cover.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got one from o'reilly that was leather and it had ford written on it a few times, but then i got a browning camouflage one with rubber grips where the hands should be and it's awesome!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

wound up getting a 10 dollar slip on from auto zone. big tip to let it sit in the sun for a few hours. it goes on so much easier. makes my steering wheel feel huge. i kinda see that as a plus though
Old 07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Junkyard Crusader

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I found it best to use a hair dryer and just put it on high heat while you stretch it

Quick Reply: Steering wheel cover