General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Works exhaust Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:14 PM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Stainless Works exhaust Warranty

Just wondering who has a Stainless Works exhaust on their truck, and if anyone has had to contact Stainless Works about a possible Warranty issue? I have an '11 Lariat supercrew with the 6.2. I special ordered it and took delivery in Jan 2011. In early Nov. '11 I purchased the Stainless Works Long Tube headers and complete exhaust system with high flow cats and x-pipe direct from their website. Had my Ford dealer install it shortly afterwards. It's been fine. But a few weeks ago I started to get an occasional rattle under the truck. Sounded like it was near the mufflers. Because of my back I couldn't get down there to check it. So I asked my sister. So she got down there and a few moments later she goes "found it". She then reaches out from under the truck with a mounting bracket. The Stainless Works mounting bracket ahead of the mufflers had broken. Specifically, it was the welds on the "L" bracket of the mount that clamps between the band clamps and exhaust pipe. Luckily, the arm of the bracket was still in the rubber grommet of the factory frame mounted bracket, and the bracket was resting on top of the exhaust pipes making the rattle. I went to the Stainless Works website a few hours ago and sent a message. Now I wait. The "Limited" Lifetime Warranty says it covers material corrosion rust thru, and Workmanship. So, I would consider this problem "Workmanship"? I hope.....

Old 02-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,145 Likes on 2,842 Posts

wow thats a pretty darn clean break
Old 02-18-2019, 01:02 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

I only had to use their warranty once on the cats on my Marauder, all they required was the original bill of sale.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 315 Likes on 195 Posts

Stainless cracks very easy under vibration coupled with welding very brittle .looks like no penatration
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (03-01-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

Warranty 7 yrs later? I doubt it. Take it to a muffler shop and pay them $20 to weld it back on and be done.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:45 AM

A rep from Stainless Works emailed me back later in the afternoon. He said Yes, that it should be covered under the Warranty. He asked me to email him the pictures so he could start the Warranty process. Coolness!!

UPDATE: About 10:30 this morning I had a message on my cell phone from Joe at Stainless Works. I called him back to see what was what. He was busy but he relayed a message to whom I was speaking with. The bracket will be covered under the Warranty. Plus, they will actually be sending me three "updated" Brackets/Hangers that my exhaust system uses. He said the new ones are "Beefier". They'll be sending them out FedEx, so hopefully I should have them by weeks end. I'd say customer service for Stainless Works is Awesome!!

Last edited by Scarlet; 02-19-2019 at 11:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scarlet:
chimmike (03-01-2019), Phyer Phyter (02-19-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 08:52 AM

Got the three new brackets earlier this week. The replacement for the rear most bracket (just ahead of the tips) is the wrong one. My fault I suppose, since I neglected to specify which exhaust exit location I have. But that's fine. A comparison between the broken old bracket and the new one. And a pic of the current rear bracket on the truck and the new. I'll have the 2 new brackets installed at my next oil change. Not gonna worry about the rear bracket at this point.

Last edited by Scarlet; 03-01-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Stainless Works exhaust Warranty