Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare (3rd key fob) 2017 push button start

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 08:09 PM
...is a sweet ride

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Spare (3rd key fob) 2017 push button start

Thinking out loud in case I'm missing something….

I have 3 Ford key fobs. My truck is a 2017 push button start. Want to take batteries out of one and hide it in my truck as an emergency spare if my daily fob is lost or broken when I’m far from home. I can l start the truck and no batteries installed prevents the truck knowing a fob is inside. I could keep batteries in the truck as well, just not installed.

This should work with no downsides?
Old 12-30-2023, 08:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnarzF150
Thinking out loud in case I'm missing something….

I have 3 Ford key fobs. My truck is a 2017 push button start. Want to take batteries out of one and hide it in my truck as an emergency spare if my daily fob is lost or broken when I’m far from home. I can l start the truck and no batteries installed prevents the truck knowing a fob is inside. I could keep batteries in the truck as well, just not installed.

This should work with no downsides?
Actually in this scenario you don't need the batteries in the truck. You can put the fob in the slot provided and the truck will start. Not sure where the slot is on a 2017 could be in one of the front cupholders or in the console.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:08 PM
...is a sweet ride

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
Actually in this scenario you don't need the batteries in the truck. You can put the fob in the slot provided and the truck will start. Not sure where the slot is on a 2017 could be in one of the front cupholders or in the console.
Right. I can put batteries in it at that time or when I’m home or whenever. Just no batteries as it sits stashed under a seat for an emergency that may never happen.

The “programming pit” is in a front cup holder when you have the bucket seats (seats 5).

Seems like a smart move…like the old “Hide-A-Key” days of old. As it is I have the key from inside the fob in the truck glovebox.

Does anyone know how to get the key cut code?
Old 12-30-2023, 10:18 PM

Received 240 Likes on 213 Posts

There is no key cut code...dealer or locksmith just duplicate it on a machine as far as I know... Unless you are talking about the code for the door pad....are you ??

Quick Reply: Spare (3rd key fob) 2017 push button start