Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some general ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default some general ideas

something that might be good to have is a general list of common mods, so people donk keep asking what will make their truck fast.

and maby some how-to's and product reviews also.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Pro-X....

I think that's some great ideas. I'll look in to how to get those on the site!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Ty

let me know if you need help.

and one of the things that i liked about my old dodge site was that they would have groop buy's, where they would contact a parts vendor, and work it out so that if they bought x number of items, they would get so much off of the total price. they did it with stuff like tonu covers, hoods, tuners, and bodykits.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone would write a good article on the subject, you could just post it as a sticky. Put it under the appropriate forum, and then it will always be there. The only problem with this is everyone has thier own opinion, and products change all the time. The Edge evolution has soo many options for tuning, you can custom tune it for many differant situations. That is a conversation that will go on for a long time. I dont mind people asking old questions. Someone may have a differant experience with a product than others. How long would it take to answer ALL mod questions anyway. 6 months, and it would sound like crickets in here. The new guys have to start posting about something, and if you want a forum that tells you what you can and cannot ask...I got three letters for you, FTE. I admit somedays Im not in such a receptive mood...I just pass by those redundant questions.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Ty

Originally Posted by DiscountPowerParts
If someone would write a good article on the subject, you could just post it as a sticky. Put it under the appropriate forum, and then it will always be there. The only problem with this is everyone has thier own opinion, and products change all the time. The Edge evolution has soo many options for tuning, you can custom tune it for many differant situations. That is a conversation that will go on for a long time. I dont mind people asking old questions. Someone may have a differant experience with a product than others. How long would it take to answer ALL mod questions anyway. 6 months, and it would sound like crickets in here. The new guys have to start posting about something, and if you want a forum that tells you what you can and cannot ask...I got three letters for you, FTE. I admit somedays Im not in such a receptive mood...I just pass by those redundant questions.
I agree with you 100%, i am just saying, for example, have a list of popular exhaust systems, with member reviews, pictures, posibally sound clips, and prices. Thhen rate how loud it is, if it drones, fit and finish, price, and preformance. then people could get a better idea of what they relly want.

people will still ask questions, but they will know more before hand.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pro-x-144
I agree with you 100%, i am just saying, for example, have a list of popular exhaust systems, with member reviews, pictures, posibally sound clips, and prices. Thhen rate how loud it is, if it drones, fit and finish, price, and preformance. then people could get a better idea of what they relly want.

people will still ask questions, but they will know more before hand.
This sounds like it would be a great addition to the site
Old 11-25-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what your saying. I was corn-fused. Good Idea!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Ty

im wondering what option is going to be my best bet,
1. putting str8 pipes after the stock cats no muffler

2. str8 pipes with highflow cats and no muffler

3. true duals H setup into one flowmaster no cats.

so many choices its hard to decide anyone with any info on performance, cost and sound to these three options? any advice is highly appreciated. also whats the difference with a muffler and a glass pack?

see, this is a perfect example.
should i start putting together a exhaust-tec page?

Old 11-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Pro-X...you can put something together and we can "stick" it to the right topic. I think that could work well! As reviews/pics/sound clips, etc... grow in numbers we can create a section for these types of reviews.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pro-x-144
something that might be good to have is a general list of common mods, so people donk keep asking what will make their truck fast.

and maby some how-to's and product reviews also.
That would be a great idea. I also belong to a popular performance car forum where they have a sticky page that has common questions and also pics of cars. We could do that here as well. I like the picture page as it is good to see how cool they look.

Quick Reply: some general ideas