Sponsored by:

Service Advance Trac?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Service Advance Trac?

Today I was on the highway. 4x2 Hi when the display panel flashed :

"Service advance Trac"

The message recurred a few times. I turned off the "traction control" which made no difference. There was also little icon to tell me that advance trac was not working. This is on perfectly dry pavement. Cruise control on.

After 60 km I stopped at an appt . When I started up again the message was gone.

I'm 6000 km away from my next regular service.

What does that message mean? or what should I learn from it?

I'm sure if I went to the the dealer now, they would say:

"We can look at it but if we don't find anything wrong, you will have to pay for it."

Like a blind man in the coal bin at midnight, looking for a black cat that isn't there? At $135 an hour.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

If you're still under warranty the best thing you can do is make sure they document the issue even if they come back with (NPF) no problem found.

Paper trail as it were incase something cuts loose just out of warranty. Ford will look at history and in most cases repair at no cost to you provided there is documentation the problem began while still in warranty.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently had the same problem and I took it to the dealer and they replaced the sensor that I had damaged off road. If you off road, clean off the bottom of the truck so there are no signs of this and they should take care of it if you are still under warranty.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn21
I recently had the same problem and I took it to the dealer and they replaced the sensor that I had damaged off road. If you off road, clean off the bottom of the truck so there are no signs of this and they should take care of it if you are still under warranty.
X2 on the sensor. Had one replaced on my '11
Old 06-26-2014, 01:19 AM

I'll tell them at my next service.

The only "off-road" has been my driveway, which is gravel or snow, depending.........
Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene45
Today I was on the highway. 4x2 Hi when the display panel flashed :

"Service advance Trac"

The message recurred a few times. I turned off the "traction control" which made no difference. There was also little icon to tell me that advance trac was not working. This is on perfectly dry pavement. Cruise control on.

After 60 km I stopped at an appt . When I started up again the message was gone.

I'm 6000 km away from my next regular service.
Originally Posted by Gene45
I'll tell them at my next service.
I encourage you to work with your local dealer, Gene45; they're in the best position to diagnose this. Let me know how it goes when you bring it in for your next service. I'll be here to answer any questions or concerns that may arise.

Brittany
Old 06-26-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what sensor did you guys have replaced? I am having the same problems and my dealership said they had to replace an entire assembly to replace the sensor. quoted me $1000. '11 5.0.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:03 PM
imp

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gene, a most interestingly worded Original Post! Thank you for writing it. This has led me to wonder about my own "Advance Track" system, on other than a pickup. imp
Old 06-27-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm556
what sensor did you guys have replaced? I am having the same problems and my dealership said they had to replace an entire assembly to replace the sensor. quoted me $1000. '11 5.0.
Mine was under 10k miles and was a bad ABS sensor on one of the wheels. Dont know the cost but I assure you it was not $1k.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:35 PM

So I phoned the dealer on Monday, the lady on the phone knew nothing, and promised to get a Service Adviser to call back. After four days with no response, I went to the dealer since I was in town anyway, and talked to a service adviser. It is harder for them to ignore you when you stand right there.

The opinion was that the computer picked up and error, probably from a speed sensor in one of the wheels, and later the error disappeared, and the code is likely erased by now, so wait to see if it comes back. OK

A little odd. I had a Subaru that had issues with the speed sensors, (snow?) and when the light came on the cruise control did not work. With Ford it does.

Quick Reply: Service Advance Trac?