General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scanner power

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scanner power

Hi there. Got my truck a couple of month ago, and in my last truck (2500HD chevy) I had a scanner that I would like to install in my Ford. In the silverado, I had a wire (with the inline fuse) that I plugged straight to one of the unused slot of the fuse panel that was only hot when the key was in the ACC or ON position. As far as I know, the fuse panel in my F150 is located under the hood close to the firewall on the passenger side. Also, after a couple of test, it's like if there was no terminals in the unused slot of the Ford. Maybe that the needle of my tester is just too thick and it doesn't go all the way down in the holes, but even with my smaller flat screwdriver, I didn't found any 12v in any slots. Is there anyone who found some power inside the cab that would be only hot when the key is ON?
Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

What year F150? What scanner?

For the most part with Ford, the under hood fuse/relay box is all constant power. There is usually a panel under the dash (maybe around the kick panel on one side or the other) that has switched power. You will probably need an add-a-fuse to tap into it.

Quick Reply: Scanner power