Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough country?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Blue Beast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rough country?

are there suspension lifts any good? im thinkin about buyin a 6inch lift from them.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are located about 45 minutes from me. A lot of people around here have some of their products (including me) and they are going strong.

Don't let the price fool you.

A lot of trucks take a pounding at some of the local mudding parks with no trouble.

The only thing with the 6 inch lift is I've heard it's closer to 5 inches once it's actually on.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Blue Beast

Originally Posted by Search
They are located about 45 minutes from me. A lot of people around here have some of their products (including me) and they are going strong.

Don't let the price fool you.

A lot of trucks take a pounding at some of the local mudding parks with no trouble.

The only thing with the 6 inch lift is I've heard it's closer to 5 inches once it's actually on.
thanks bub. i gotta 2.5" rough country leveling kit on my truck, would i have to take that off to put the lift on or could i leave it on? and if i could would that make it any bigger then 5" lift?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by rocky-f150
thanks bub. i gotta 2.5" rough country leveling kit on my truck, would i have to take that off to put the lift on or could i leave it on? and if i could would that make it any bigger then 5" lift?
I know for the 04-08 trucks the 6" is more like 5.5" inches but I dont know about the 09-12 ones. For the 04-08 ones, the drop down bracketry is the same for the 4" as it is the 6". So to go more than 6" would put a lot more stress on the CV's and your UCA might rub the coil springs. Like I said, this doesnt help you since you have an 09. They are good kits and have heard really good things about them. I was going to get one if I didnt get my 6" BDS since I knew with the BDS I could use my wheels and add a spacer on top like I did. The only way you can get more out of the 6" RCX is a body lift. Adding a 2" level spacer on top would be either impossible to get the strut back in (if you got replacement 6" struts) or very rough on your suspension components.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Blue Beast

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
I know for the 04-08 trucks the 6" is more like 5.5" inches but I dont know about the 09-12 ones. For the 04-08 ones, the drop down bracketry is the same for the 4" as it is the 6". So to go more than 6" would put a lot more stress on the CV's and your UCA might rub the coil springs. Like I said, this doesnt help you since you have an 09. They are good kits and have heard really good things about them. I was going to get one if I didnt get my 6" BDS since I knew with the BDS I could use my wheels and add a spacer on top like I did. The only way you can get more out of the 6" RCX is a body lift. Adding a 2" level spacer on top would be either impossible to get the strut back in (if you got replacement 6" struts) or very rough on your suspension components.
how much did your BDS lift run you? and if i get a BDS lift would i be able to lave me leveling kit on then?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM

how much did your BDS lift run you? and if i get a BDS lift would i be able to lave me leveling kit on then?
Yeah you could leave the level on with a BDS kit if you get the replacement 6" struts. I paid 2200 for mine with the 6" replacement struts and Fox shocks. I got it from a local dealer that sells and that is by far the cheapest way to go. Plus BDS has a lifetime no questions ask warranty if something breaks they send you a replacement no questions. Dont get a BDS kit online. you can get it cheaper from a local dealer. I dont know how much different your BDS kit will cost being your an 09 but you will be able to fit 37's with just the 6". If you keep the 2.5" level you'd probably be able to fit 38's.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Blue Beast

Originally Posted by 06F150CFCT
Yeah you could leave the level on with a BDS kit if you get the replacement 6" struts. I paid 2200 for mine with the 6" replacement struts and Fox shocks. I got it from a local dealer that sells and that is by far the cheapest way to go. Plus BDS has a lifetime no questions ask warranty if something breaks they send you a replacement no questions. Dont get a BDS kit online. you can get it cheaper from a local dealer. I dont know how much different your BDS kit will cost being your an 09 but you will be able to fit 37's with just the 6". If you keep the 2.5" level you'd probably be able to fit 38's.
ok, thanks man. this helped me alot
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM

ok, thanks man. this helped me alot
Hey no problem...check to see the differences for your 09 but anymore questions feel free to ask!

Quick Reply: rough country?