Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse sensing system problems in cold weather?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse sensing system problems in cold weather?

Hello all, I am a having an issue with what I believe is the reverse sensing system on a 2015 F150 with the reverse sensors, blind spot information system, 360 camera system, and active park assist (just noting the extra sensors). I have had this problem three times and only after having a series of very cold days with temps at or below zero and wanted to note that the first time this issue happened, it went away when the temps warmed up and now that it was very cold again the issue kept happening every day for the past several days and today with temps above 20 the issue went away again.

When I put the truck in reverse it is giving me a sold warning noise and the truck diagram which is displayed on the center stack display screen for the 360 camera is showing a small solid red indicator on the left side of the rear bumper. When use the steering wheel control to turn the system off the warning noise stops. All four reverse sensors are clean (SPOTLESS) which I checked every time this happened along with both taillights (wasn't sure if this was an issue with the BLIS).

I have investigated under the truck and looked at the wiring that is visible to the left side sensor and the rest that I can get to on the rear bumper and everything appears in order. Even though the sensors are crystal clean, I took a rag and wiped them some more but it was still giving me the warning noise when I hit reverse.

Does anyone know of any issues with the reverse sensing system on the 2015 F150's? I had a 2013 F150 with a reverse sensing system and never had any issues driving it in -30 wind chills for weeks at a time.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 291 Likes on 209 Posts

Any chance of frozen condensation on sensor?
Old 01-20-2016, 09:40 PM

Checked and re-checked and there is nothing on the sensor. No debris, ice, etc..
Old 01-21-2016, 08:31 AM

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Mine does it once in a while when it's icy. Run it through the car wash and I'll be the problem goes away.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:05 PM

My 2016 is doing the same thing. I just came through the car wash at about freezing outside temp. Sensors are now clean and dry, but the beep is solid. I wonder if water gets inside there somehow and freezes.

Quick Reply: Reverse sensing system problems in cold weather?