General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repurchased vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repurchased vehicle

Anyone have any experiences buying a repurchased F150?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

As in a buy back by Ford? If so, I wouldn't touch it.

If you mean someone bought it, didn't like it and brought it back within the allotted time frame because there was something they didn't like then I don't see a problem.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

If you are talking about a vehicle that Ford bought back due to problems with the vehicle, I think that the regular forum members on here are too smart to even consider it.

But, of course, some people will buy anything, if it is cheap enough.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:20 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by All Hat No Cattle
If you are talking about a vehicle that Ford bought back due to problems with the vehicle, I think that the regular forum members on here are too smart to even consider it.

But, of course, some people will buy anything, if it is cheap enough.
And then complain when it breaks. My brother is a HVAC tech and has to deal with this all the time. He's a Trane dealer but offers Goodman as a budget alternative. But he takes the time to explain that the Trane is more expensive because of the higher quality parts and exclusive design. Some folks understand and agree but in lots of cases they want the cheaper Goodman because the Goodman is going to do the same thing as the Trane for less money,. Then when they call him in a few years because something broke they don't want to pay him to fix it (only the part is covered by warranty not labor) because they just paid lots of money for it and it shouldn't have broke so early.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:34 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by RL1990
And then complain when it breaks. My brother is a HVAC tech and has to deal with this all the time. He's a Trane dealer but offers Goodman as a budget alternative. But he takes the time to explain that the Trane is more expensive because of the higher quality parts and exclusive design. Some folks understand and agree but in lots of cases they want the cheaper Goodman because the Goodman is going to do the same thing as the Trane for less money,. Then when they call him in a few years because something broke they don't want to pay him to fix it (only the part is covered by warranty not labor) because they just paid lots of money for it and it shouldn't have broke so early.
While that analogy may be relevant for people buying cheap stuff and then complaining when it breaks, it's apples and oranges.

Vehicles repurchased by a manufacturer had known problems that could not be resolved. Some of Darwin's relatives have bought them.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (01-07-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to give an an update to my post. I had a Goodman furnace installed 10 years ago, zero problems with it so far.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:43 PM

Just wanted to give an an update to my post. I had a Goodman furnace installed 10 years ago, zero problems with it so far
Lest someone be wrongly swayed by that endorsement, be aware that a furnace, gas or electric, is simpler and less affected by the weather.

But subject the HVAC compressor to OAT of 115° or so and and the problems show up. Here in Lost Wages Goodman is considered bottom of the line.

Just a heads up.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean McKenna
Just wanted to give an an update to my post. I had a Goodman furnace installed 10 years ago, zero problems with it so far.
My Goodman heat pump and Air handler has been cranking for almost 15 years now... knock on wood.
The following users liked this post:
HerdJC (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 05:59 PM

My Goodman heat pump and Air handler has been cranking for almost 15 years now... knock on wood.
Congratulations, LOL, you do realize that you hit it lucky? You beat the 3 to 1 odds against you.

225 / 592
Old 01-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.........

Quick Reply: Repurchased vehicle