General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove rear speakers

Merry Christmas to all - A newbie here so I may be posting incorrectly. I want to replace the lame speakers that came with my 2007 F150 Super Crew but am unsure as to how to remove the door panels to get to the speakers that are in the rear doors. Help please!!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I've replaced mine but I still had to look this up since last time I just did it more by feel.

This is for a Scab but it's the same.
1.Pry off the two separate upper pieces on each side of the window. The smaller one is held on by two clips in rectangular holes in the door. Just pull until you can get a couple fingers under it give a good yank. Check to make sure the clips are fully seated on the back of the panel so it will be tight when you put it back on. The other larger piece is held with 5 clips (one that stays on the door). I put a glove on to get my fingers in the hole for the door latch and pulled. It is difficult but will come off. Again double check the clips.

2.Pry off the panel that holds the window switch. You should be able to push it up with your fingers. It is just snapped in. Unplug the switch (a small tab on on side holds it, press it with a screwdriver to ease it off without breaking the tab). Set the switch aside. Take out the bolt that is behind the switch.

3.Snap off the small rectangular panel (about 3/4in by 3in long)behing the door handle. A small flat srcewdriver will help. This exposes two brass bolts. Remove them and take off the handle and surrounding bracket. When reinstalling this make sure the handle is straight when easing it in place or it wont pull the latches.

4.Remove the 3 small gray bolts form the edge of the door panel. Two are at the top ( they are exposed from where the two upper panels were). One is roughly in the center of the bottom.

5. Gently lift up the entire panel and it will slide the snap in retainers out of the door and it is off. The speaker is wide open to be snatched out. (To reinstall the panel just position it about 2 inches high in alignment with everything and push back down. Make sure to press in on the center so the clips will catch in the holes in the door).

6.Put in the new speaker and follow the steps in reverse to reattach all of the pieces. Just take care that everything is seated properly and take your time.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an '07 Super Cab with a busted rear speaker. Can you advise on how to replace it? It's all stock. I appreciate any help
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
M&D

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by KyleP
I have an '07 Super Cab with a busted rear speaker. Can you advise on how to replace it? It's all stock. I appreciate any help
Its laid out in the post above yours......??? What other info do you need? I just removed all 4 of my stock speakers out of my '10 if you just want new stockers shoot me a pm.
The following users liked this post:
KyleP (02-23-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I too replaced my speakers today in my 06.. One set of stocks, one set of Pioneer 6x8's. let me know if you're interested. I have no use for them
The following users liked this post:
KyleP (02-23-2013)

Quick Reply: remove rear speakers