General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recon lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Recon lights

Hello all, I just installed the Recon Big Rig Ice running lights this morning and I'm having a problem now. My turn signals work fine , but it won't light up for my parking/running lights. Any ideas? I've redone the splice 2x now and nothing seems to work. It's also on both sides. ?? I have no idea what could be causing this problem??
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just bought a Line of Fire last week and have the EXACT same problem. My running lights would work if I didn't have the turn signal wires connected, but when I connected the turn signals they would go out. I tried using my 4 way plug and hard wiring it. Luckily, Amazon exchanged it for a new one which had the same problem, so now I have my $60 back.

I read a couple posts from people on other forums and Recon basically says that it happens some times and sorry about your bad luck. I thought Recon made great stuff and I always wanted to buy their lights, but I'm quickly finding out from experience and reading that their recent stuff has been junk.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by XC_Racer_129
I just bought a Line of Fire last week and have the EXACT same problem. My running lights would work if I didn't have the turn signal wires connected, but when I connected the turn signals they would go out. I tried using my 4 way plug and hard wiring it. Luckily, Amazon exchanged it for a new one which had the same problem, so now I have my $60 back.

I read a couple posts from people on other forums and Recon basically says that it happens some times and sorry about your bad luck. I thought Recon made great stuff and I always wanted to buy their lights, but I'm quickly finding out from experience and reading that their recent stuff has been junk.
Thanks for the response. I ordered mine from amazon as well, I wired my turn signals first, then my running lights. They worked fine both of them, now jut the turn signals work. Both lights don't have any running lights now. Kinda strange. Fuses are fine and I wouldn't know what else to try. I even redid the splice into my corner marker light instead of having them both splices into the turn signal bulb. I mean, for $145 I think the product should work flawlessly.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My thoughts exactly. Those lights aren't cheap and I wouldn't settle for them not working how they should. I tried for probably 2 hours to get my line of fire to work and nothing i did worked. I forget the exact reason why they don't work, but obviously it's something internal.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

I ordered mine through an aftermarket shop from Recon... they installed them and replaced the side that wasn't lighting all the way... its recommended to order from the company or you could end up with a bad product. (You never know... Amazon could buy the ones that don't work properly really cheap)
Old 02-19-2012, 01:21 PM

And of course Monday is a holiday and I won't be able to contact them. I'm very upset with Recon. I've read so many bad stories about them now. For such a highly respected company with sweet looking lights, they aren't worth crap. I could order $5 lights off eBay and they would probably work better than this crap. Ya the turn signals are cool, but what the point of having running lights if they don't even work!! If I can't find a way to fix them by Tuesday, they will be right back in the box.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see some pics when it's fixed.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Buildwonder
Let's see some pics when it's fixed.
I'm sending them back and then I might order another pair. Without the courtesy lights, just another thing that can go wrong, and don't need those. But recon hasn't answered the phones and I hope the possible new ones will work

Quick Reply: Recon lights