Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really neat experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Default Really neat experience

I stopped by a local Chebby dealer the other day while driving my F-150. I was checking on the price of a Mobil 1 oil change for my plastic car, because I haven't used this dealer before. When I walked out of the shop several of the sales guys were standing around the truck, and started saying how nice the F-150 was. Just goes to show that even the guys that sell the Silverado think the F-150 is a sweet truck.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:17 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Really? You fell for that line? And of course they would see a possible client and say what a POS Ford.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Alcoloco
Really? You fell for that line? And of course they would see a possible client and say what a POS Ford.
Somebody needs reading lessons, try re-reading the original post
The following 2 users liked this post by Bell Blue Raider:
rdkev (06-04-2013), Wanted33 (06-03-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts

It's just a job.
Like with most jobs, the only reason they show up there every day is for a paycheck at the end of the week.
They're selling automobiles for a multibillion dollar corporation for a paycheck, I'm sure like they Porsches as well.
Besides, brand loyalty is stupid.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bell Blue Raider
Somebody needs reading lessons, try re-reading the original post
No, I don't think so, I read extremely well. Now if you are talking about comprehension, I don't have a problem with this either.

Rule number 1 in sales, make the customer feel comfortable.

I had a Ford salesman do the same thing over my Ram and he drove a Chevy truck.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by stx03
It's just a job.
Like with most jobs, the only reason they show up there every day is for a paycheck at the end of the week.
They're selling automobiles for a multibillion dollar corporation for a paycheck, I'm sure like they Porsches as well.
Besides, brand loyalty is stupid.
Brand loyalty is stupid? Why are you on this forum. The only people that would apply to is non-car people. I never thought I'd be a Ford person but after 300K miles in a 4 cylinder Ranger made me a believer.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot of salesman don't know jack about pickups, they pretend, maybe these guys really liked it.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 13Harleyfan
Brand loyalty is stupid? Why are you on this forum. The only people that would apply to is non-car people. I never thought I'd be a Ford person but after 300K miles in a 4 cylinder Ranger made me a believer.
Yes, in my opinion brand loyalty is stupid. There are a lot of auto manufacturers out there that make good products.
They all have good and bad, sometimes within the very same model two people will have completely opposite experiences, it's the nature of the beast.
To be loyal to one company is just weird imo. I could understand being loyal to a mom&pop hardware store where you know the owners by first name and whom you've formed a relationship with over the years, but not some giant company like a big 3 automaker thats making huge profits off you and doesn't care what your name is.

I'm on this forum because I've been driving ford trucks for almost 10 years and I love them. That doesn't mean I don't like products from other manufacturers as well.
I don't know why statements like that get so personal to some people. It's just an automobile manufacturer, I like some of their products too. Some people just seem ready to go to tribal warfare over car manufacturers, that just seems odd to me when someone asks me something all defense like "why are you on this forum!", because I say I'm not 'loyal' to one brand.

Remember, this is all my opinion, none of this is personal.

300k miles is a hell of a feat, ford makes awesome trucks for sure.

Last edited by stx03; 06-03-2013 at 08:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
User-One (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tpr676
A lot of salesman don't know jack about automobiles in general, they pretend, maybe these guys really liked it.
Fixed
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 13Harleyfan
This forum is a F150 forum, not a general ford forum. I wouldn't say that their is any manufacturer in the world that makes the best range of cars. And it sure as hell isn't ford. They've gotten better in the past several years but their lineup of cars and trucks still isn't perfect.

The reason the ranger made it to 300k is because it is a truck, they will design them for payload and for work. I wouldn't expect a fiesta to make it to 150k.

Quick Reply: Really neat experience