General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-ocurring Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-ocurring Check Engine Light

I drive a 2012 f150 3.5 ecoboost and for the last couple months my check engine light has randomly gone on and off throwing a cat code. It was on consistently on for upwards of 6 months with a o2 sensor code/cat code that I finally got around to replacing which got the light to go off for a little bit. The check engine light seems to come on every week or two and goes off a few days later. Has anyone else experienced this? Its not a huge deal to me as the truck runs like it should, I have poured some cat cleaner in it but as its an old high mile truck I dont want to throw loads of money into it when nothing is wrong. Thanks
Old 02-21-2024, 09:36 PM

Received 1,160 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_3.5
I drive a 2012 f150 3.5 ecoboost and for the last couple months my check engine light has randomly gone on and off throwing a cat code. It was on consistently on for upwards of 6 months with a o2 sensor code/cat code that I finally got around to replacing which got the light to go off for a little bit. The check engine light seems to come on every week or two and goes off a few days later. Has anyone else experienced this? Its not a huge deal to me as the truck runs like it should, I have poured some cat cleaner in it but as its an old high mile truck I dont want to throw loads of money into it when nothing is wrong. Thanks
helps to post actual code #s

Quick Reply: Re-ocurring Check Engine Light