General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling door panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling door panels

I have been dealing with a squeaking in mostly in the driver side door and it's mosty hitting bumps on the road that causes the squeaking. if I pull on the door slightly while I'm driving the squeaking noise stops. Been into the local Ford dealership several times expressing my wish to have this squeaking noise attended to. They put some felt tape along the edge of the door panels. Which did help a bit. Recently the rattling has become quite irritating to the point where I've taken it back in and asked them to diagnose where this noises coming from because I'm just can't drive like this no more.
The mechanic tells me he had two of his colleagues go for a drive in my truck and neither one of them could hear any rattling noise. They want me to book a road test with them to prove that these noises are happening.
The noises are so obvious it's disturbing to me that I have to go back time and time and time again to prove to the mechanics what is the problem going on. I went onto this site for the first time yesterday to check out if anybody else with the F1 50 truck is having the same kind of problem. Sure enough there is someone else others who are having the same type of rattling noise in the panel of the door driver side door and even passenger side door. Even explains what it is that needs to be done to prevent and take away these rattling noises inside the door. But yet the Ford mechanics look at me like I'm an idiot. Want me to prove that I'm hearing these noises that they don't hear. I'm very aggravated after spending almost $74,000 on this truck and I'm now hating the experience of owning this driving. Can somebody please help me

Last edited by Williesfx150; 11-18-2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-18-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Williesfx150
I have been dealing with a squeaking in mostly in the driver side door and it's mosty hitting bumps on the road that causes the squeaking. if I pull on the door slightly while I'm driving the squeaking noise stops. Been into the local Ford dealership several times expressing my wish to have this squeaking noise attended to. They put some felt tape along the edge of the door panels. Which did help a bit. Recently the rattling has become quite irritating to the point where I've taken it back in and asked them to diagnose where this noises coming from because I'm just can't drive like this no more.
The mechanic tells me he had two of his colleagues go for a drive in my truck and neither one of them could hear any rattling noise. They want me to book a road test with them to prove that these noises are happening.
The noises are so obvious it's disturbing to me that I have to go back time and time and time again to prove to the mechanics what is the problem going on. I went onto this site for the first time yesterday to check out if anybody else with the F1 50 truck is having the same kind of problem. Sure enough there is someone else others who are having the same type of rattling noise in the panel of the door driver side door and even passenger side door. Even explains what it is that needs to be done to prevent and take away these rattling noises inside the door. But yet the Ford mechanics look at me like I'm an idiot. Want me to prove that I'm hearing these noises that they don't hear. I'm very aggravated after spending almost $74,000 on this truck and I'm now hating the experience of owning this driving. Can somebody please help me
Is it a squeaking noise or a rattling noise? Big difference. If it's rattling there are several options to fix it. I don't know about squeaking.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

1) HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information (year, cab type, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

2) HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the appropriate
< year of the F-150 >
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.

-REFERENCE-
Old 11-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Williesfx150
Welcome, Williesfx150!

A road test with your dealer's a great way to get this looked into. What's your year and mileage?

Meagan
Old 12-09-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried wiping some silicone spray all along your door weather stripping? Spray on a rag and wipe away. This cured my rattles. Weather stripping was sticking, rubbing on door frame.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome, Williesfx150!

A road test with your dealer's a great way to get this looked into. What's your year and mileage?

Meagan
Will they look at this issue if we are out of the BTB warranty?
Old 12-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinpig14
Will they look at this issue if we are out of the BTB warranty?
Hi flyinpig14,

Your dealership would be pleased to take a look into this. Pass along the year and mileage of your rig; I'll see how I can lend a hand with those door panels.

Chad
Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,636 Likes on 6,218 Posts

74K was the price of the truck? What did you buy? Yikes.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Summers22
74K was the price of the truck? What did you buy? Yikes.
lol I was thinking the same thing. Is time trvlavel included?
Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

My passenger side door rattles occasionally, mostly if I'm going over washboard or something like it........

Quick Reply: Rattling door panels