General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulsing Vibration 85 F150 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulsing Vibration 85 F150 4x4

I have an 85 f150 4x4 300 inline 6 (had a remanufactured engine from jasper installed, it now has 23k miles). I have had this pulsing vibration usually at 50 - 55 mph (even before the new engine). When excellerating it is rapid..when running at steady 55 it slows down. The vibration wasn't too bad for awhile, but now it seems to be getting worse and I can feel it at around 40 - 60 mph. The vibration was light at first but now it is real heavy (lack of better terms) it even rattels the floor board. I have changed rear driveshaft u joints, the trany was serviced when I had the motor installed. One other point; When cold it doesnt vibrate too much but after it warms up...look out!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-05-2007, 08:12 PM

have your tires checked for broken belts. or your tires are not balanced or even have a bent rim. a good way to check to see if your tire has broken belts, is to run your hand down one side then other if you feel like your hand moved up a little on a certain spot then you might have a broken belt. but those are the only things i can think of. possibly even have your motor and tranny mounts checked. hope that helped.

Tim
Old 02-10-2007, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the ideas, I did check these and found nothing out of the ordinary. the motor mounts look to be in good shape. I guess I need to take it in and spend a little money and have it checked out.

Mark

Quick Reply: Pulsing Vibration 85 F150 4x4