Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem solved!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Just some dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem solved!!!!!

Looks like my mysterious box in my 87 was in fact UNGO. An elec. amp system, which is great for my extra toys I have to install!!!! My rear main seal will be a peice of a cake after i inspected it a little closer, then I can throw in my seats with five point and climb a friggin tree!!!! Life is good when you can tear S... apart and make it better with junk from around the house!!! Thanks for the little bit of help i did get guys. Now lets hear some posts about lifting your truck with Station wagon springs and HD coils Very cheap 98% safe and extremely easy for all the cheap lift posts I've read about!!! SALUTE!!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm guessing you just run bigger coils in the front and a add a leaf in the rear?

Im glad to hear thre you got your mistery box figured out.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty
I'm guessing you just run bigger coils in the front and a add a leaf in the rear?

Im glad to hear thre you got your mistery box figured out.
Sounds to me like he used leaf springs from a station wagon and front coils from a heavy duty.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Just some dude

thats right dewman, works great, I've thrown some station wagon springs on many a vehicle to give that custom" i'm eaten somebody's lunch " look without spending much cash. Puts a little strain on some carriage bolts, but as long as there is no rust, i haven't worried.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Originally Posted by Hastiedmt
thats right dewman, works great, I've thrown some station wagon springs on many a vehicle to give that custom" i'm eaten somebody's lunch " look without spending much cash. Puts a little strain on some carriage bolts, but as long as there is no rust, i haven't worried.
So you just add the wagon's springs to your truck's springs?

You can find new, longer-than-stock u-bolts on eBay. I just bought a set for my truck for when I throw in an add-a-leaf kit this spring. It was only about $35.00 with the shipping. Might be better than hoping your u-bolts dont pop-off when you are driving...
Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Just some dude

yup, works great, HD coils in front( use a dampening block A.k.a piece of rubber) and wagon springs in back!! I always get longer U bolts out of a bigger truck and hope they fit, but i guess after all that labor, it'd be cheaper just to buy em.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Originally Posted by Hastiedmt
yup, works great, HD coils in front( use a dampening block A.k.a piece of rubber) and wagon springs in back!! I always get longer U bolts out of a bigger truck and hope they fit, but i guess after all that labor, it'd be cheaper just to buy em.
Cheaper perhaps, but then you would miss all the fun of busting your knuckles getting them out!

Quick Reply: Problem solved!!!!!