General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Trailer Backup Assist Setup Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pro Trailer Backup Assist Setup Problem

I'm trying to set up Pro Trailer Backup Assist [PTBA] for the first time in my 2022 F150. I am using the sticker method. I've applied the sticker and taken the 4 measurements [license plate to hitch ball, hitch ball to middle of sticker, rear camera to middle of sticker, tail gate to axles midpoint] per instructions. My problem is that I cannot find a place in the menu system to enter the 4 measurements. And there's no option in trailer setup to "Add PTBA" as I've seen in older model years (ex: 2017). I suspect that I need to change a setting somewhere, but I cannot find the spot. Or press some button that I'm not seeing.

Would appreciate it if someone can explain where/how the measurements are entered!

Thanks very much.
David

Last edited by ModelADave; 04-25-2024 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Clarify post
Old 04-26-2024, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Initial Problem Solved - New Question!

Update to my initial post. The measurements I listed are not required as inputs to the PTBA system - at least in my 2022. Instead, the system goes through a calibration process involving slowly driving in straight lines and making turns. Which I did, and my system successfully installed my trailer.

I am now having an issue where the PTBA system sometimes doesn't detect the trailer. Any thoughts on what might be causing that and what to do about it?

Quick Reply: Pro Trailer Backup Assist Setup Problem