General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing for Ecoboost and 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pricing for Ecoboost and 5.0

Greetings, this is my second post. I am considering a 4x4 Ecoboost. I currently have a 2002 f150 that has been a great truck, just need to replace her. Can anyone give me an idea of decent pricing? I want just your plane jane XLT Supercrew with either the 5.0 liter or the Ecoboost.

Does anyone know a buyer/broker that can swing a good deal?

Is Ford offering any zero percent financing?

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Check out Ford's website. You can build the exact truck you want, get the price of said truck, then locate it at a nearby dealer. They will also list the available incentives.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 AM

Default deal

Check out fairway ford in ohio
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 AM

I just bought my truck and shopped around a ton. Try to go through an internet pricing place like Costco or USAA. Once you get a price with the options you want, go to at least three dealers and see what they have on the lot or nearby that closely matches your ideal truck. Get a copy of the invoice (and an etsimate of sales price), take it home and run it through the internet shopping places again with the exact options that the truck at the lot has listed. Compare prices from there and make the dealer fight for your business.

You can get 0% financing everyday, all day but you wont get rebates. If you want maximum rebates (mine were $4500), you'll have to take a higher interest rate from Ford Credit. I took the rebates and will refinance in three months. Get a loan calculator app for your phone and do the math. Don't sign until your comfortable.

The dealer made just over $800 Gross Comission on mine, or so they led me to believe.

Don't pay MSRP. Ask for the invoice and look out for junk fees. Never make a decision you dont feel right about
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM

There are several web sites that you can build your ideal truck on and it will give you dealer invoice. What it won't give you is an advertising charge (not sure but I thought it ran about $658 in my area) and a fuel charge of $91.78. Appears to me that many dealers seem to forget about these extra charges when discussing an invoice price but they will most definately come up before the deal is done. Then there will be dealer admin/doc fees.

I didn't find any trucks the way I wanted them and since I tend to keep my vehicles a while, I ordered one. I was surprised that out of the 4 dealers I shopped looking for what I wanted not one tried to sell me on their service or special benefits buying from them. No talk about free loaners for service, discount oil changes, etc. It was all about price.

Most would order a truck for dealer invoice off the net plus the above mentioned advertising and fuel fees and their usual admin fees. I requested a sales brochure from Ford and received a private offer rebate of $750. When you request a brouchure online they ask how soon you will be buying. I chose 1 -3 months, others have said the 0 - 30 days is best to get a rebate offer. Not guranteed to get one but worth a shot.

In the end for me, dealer invoice plus the extra $750 from Ford and all other rebates at the time seemed like a reasonable deal. If you plan on buying off the lot, end of month seems to be the best time from what others on here have said. Can't say from personal experience.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM

I guess i was lucky with my F150 Fx4 ecoboost. I gave my 2005 Fx4 to the dealer for 15000$ cnd + 8000$ discount ( promotional ) + 3000$ cause the manager is a friend + they gave me the 3 stage rigid cover (1117$) so i ended up paying 30,300$ for a brand new Fx4 taxes included. So i bought it.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 PM

If you or someone you know has an AAA membership, use the AAA website to configure and price out the truck. I ordered in Feb. and saved $7,800. off MSRP with AAA + a package combo (plus+convenience+chrome). I'm not financing, so I didn't get any finance incentives. That might have saved me more.

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM

Man, the situation just got worse. Took my 2002 F150 to the Ford dealer today to look at a growling sound I had coming from the rear end and now I am told it will cost between 1100-1800 to fix the rear end, depending on whether I need two new axles. The truck has 195,000 miles on it, so I am torn between fixing it and riding it out for the next year or so or getting a new one. What do you guys think I should do?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by slidellkid
Man, the situation just got worse. Took my 2002 F150 to the Ford dealer today to look at a growling sound I had coming from the rear end and now I am told it will cost between 1100-1800 to fix the rear end, depending on whether I need two new axles. The truck has 195,000 miles on it, so I am torn between fixing it and riding it out for the next year or so or getting a new one. What do you guys think I should do?
Get a new one if u can afford it. Ull be happy.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 AM

TRUECAR.COM

Look for the "average price paid" and "best dealer price" in your area for the exact F150 submodel you want. Make sure the price breakdown includes all the incentives available in your area. Ford lists the incentives on their website. This is a starting point.

Then get in touch with a bunch of dealers and offer $1.5-2k less....Let the games begin.

Quick Reply: Pricing for Ecoboost and 5.0