General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of my ptm lower valance

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of my ptm lower valance

here are pics of the before and after of my ptm lower valance. there is a slight color difference of course cause the paint on the truck is almost 9 yr old. but it still looks good to me. i'll post a few other pics in a few.

i think it flows good with the rest of the truck. it goes good with my ptm mirriors, step rails, and door handles.

Last edited by theville89; 07-14-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Cowgirl Up

Looks good!! I don't have a lower valance on my due to hittin a trailer...oops. I'm just going to build a custom light bar coming outta the frame rails instead but yeah it def. looks good.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 PM

here are a few rear pics. the bed caps and border around the rear window was gray like the lower valance, so i used about 2 cans of krylon fusion satin black. it went on very well and bonded great to the plastic without sanding. i did use some krylon gloss on the bed rails but that didn't go on very well. but so far after a couple weeks it has held up very nicely. its been through an automatic car wash with no flaking.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 PM

my future plans for right now after i get back from gatlinburg will be new shocks front and back and new ceramic brake pads. as far as mods i want to get a ptm tonneau cover, rear sway bar, and either a trailmaster 2" leveling kit or a 2" drop shackle, i have not yet decided on that yet and i was also thinking of getting some kind of new 3rd brake light. but these mods will be a while till my bank account builds back up.

heres a side view that i found from when it snowed a foot+ this past winter. mind you i have no 4x4 or posi trac or locker and i went right through it with no problem.

Last edited by theville89; 07-14-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Truck looks good with the PTM look. I just did my mirros PTM and love them. I don't miss that white stuff at all and never plan to live anywhere near it ever again, at least nowhere that gets as much as in your picture.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:42 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

what a difference looks great
Old 07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
mmmm.....

holy accessories batman!!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 PM

Looks very nice....the valance anyway. The rear truck pieces kinda look like a rough uneven armor all job. The rear window looks nice. I would resand the truck rails and used the same as the rear window surround.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 08REDFX
Looks very nice....the valance anyway. The rear truck pieces kinda look like a rough uneven armor all job. The rear window looks nice. I would resand the truck rails and used the same as the rear window surround.
yeah i know what you mean about the rails. the rails were kinda beat up on the ends. but what makes them look bad is the krylon gloss i used on them. it would not spread good at all. i went over them with the gloss several times to try and get an even look but it just wouldnt happen. i didnt use any gloss on the window border and it turned out good. so i guess i'll have to redo the rails at some point. but then again i was going to get a ptm tonneau cover.

thanks for the compliments
Old 07-15-2008, 11:36 PM

I think the cover would finish off the clean look of your truck. I love red trucks....but I may be a little bias..

Quick Reply: pics of my ptm lower valance