General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Rear Vibration from 45-80+

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Passenger Rear Vibration from 45-80+

Yet another rear end vibration thread... 2020, King Ranch 5.0 w/ 275/65/20 BFG KO2's. Tires were put on at 5k and truck now has 32k on it. This passenger rear vibration started out of the blue 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to figure it out. Wheels have been rotated/road force balanced 3 times, and I greased the slip yoke twice for good measure. Still no fix. U joints seem stiff by hand, but have zero slop, so I presume they aren't the cause. Rear shocks don't show any signs of leaks.

Any new ideas on what to check next? The vibration seems to be in the rhythm of a rotating tire/axle assembly, not a hum/ growl/ buzz like a bad bearing.

Going back to discount tire for the 4th time tomorrow, and I'll swap the rear shocks if that doesn't work.

My 2014 Raptor had a "vibration damper" on the driver rear frame rail that was designed to dampen frame vibration on the highway. I haven't noticed one on my 2020...
Old 02-25-2023, 12:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my 2018 Limited at the dealer 2 weeks ago for the same issue. I had already been to discount tire and had the wheels rebalanced. That didn’t fix it. I then took it to my local Ford dealer and they said they rebalanced the tires and that one was “out of round” and the right rear was 50 oz out of balance. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️ Still has the vibration. I know it’s not the tires, because these are my winter tires and it was doing the same thing with the stock tires on. It’s hard to trust a dealership anymore. There’s a LONG list of people with the same issue here https://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/f...rivers-shaken/. One guy on there said he had his ignition coil replaced and voila, the vibration went away. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m just trying to see what others have done. This is quite annoying. Mine came out of nowhere as well. I have 57,000 on my truck.
Old 02-25-2023, 08:59 AM

Received 455 Likes on 404 Posts

You might want to consider the possibility of an ignition issue. Get the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) read at a local autozone or other, it's free, and report back.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:14 AM

Received 455 Likes on 404 Posts

stormtroopercdr,It’s been a few days since you last posted. Have you resolved this issue and if so, please post the solution? Feedback is important so that we all learn solution paths to these issues.

Thanks in advance

Jimboy

Old 03-04-2023, 09:14 AM

Sorry, been busy and I'm not always on here. Haven't had time to mess with the truck but I may take it to autozone today and see if I can get codes read. It's still doing the same thing and seems worse at times. The vibration seemed pretty bad coming home from work yesterday. I'll let you know what I find this weekend.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:55 PM

Question

I was out and about yesterday and stopped by Autozone and had them check for codes. None were thrown. So anyone else have any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Passenger Rear Vibration from 45-80+