Default Ouch

Well I know the low tire pressure warnings work
Old 08-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

That hurts just looking at it...
Old 08-31-2014, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Driving on the freeway and low and behold, right off the freeway, a scrap metal/recycling center. Mehhhhh!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Yikes! Sorry to hear.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM
On down the highway

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I found out the hard way as well.
Found out for about 80 bucks..Discount Tire will sell a warranty if they can't fix them..they will replace..Also they are one of few who can mount a tire and not scratch the rim!
The following users liked this post:
bobcattg (08-31-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 04:03 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck Yeah
I found out the hard way as well. Found out for about 80 bucks..Discount Tire will sell a warranty if they can't fix them..they will replace..Also they are one of few who can mount a tire and not scratch the rim!
Depending on the cost of the tire itself. Some tires are only $120 while others range up to $250+ so I think the certificate cost changes with the value of tire.
Ricktwuhk (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Studded tires are illegal here!

Sorry about your tire. It looks like my Firestones.

Take Care

Green Gem
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 AM
On down the highway

Originally Posted by mike.h20
Depending on the cost of the tire itself. Some tires are only $120 while others range up to $250+ so I think the certificate cost changes with the value of tire.
My Firestone was 150..200 when they added mount..balance..tax etc...
The 80 bucks is a policy that covers all 4 tires. They will repair or replace if it can't be fixed. Also includes lifetime rotation, balancing etc
Sorta like bumper to bumper for your tires
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

To clarify the confusion, Discount Tire's certificates are available per tire. The cost, as indicated previously, varies depending on what you buy. It was $24 per tire for the Fusion tires I just bought. For the F-150 it comes up much higher - I'd tell you but their site is not cooperating. I also think it is not just price based - I bought tires for $159 each, but priced tires up to $182 each and they were all $24 per tire, yet the F-150 price was higher.

Read the terms and conditions CAREFULLY. You'll see things like "3 years" in there - meaning after 3 years they don't have to replace them. The assistant manager at my DT told me "we usually do though". Well, that's nice, but in 4 years when I come in are you (or your replacement) going to honor that? In my lifetime I've only had 1 or 2 tires ever need replacement for something like a cut sidewall. Thererfore, it doesn't make financial sense for me and I didn't take it (I don't ever take anyone's extended warranties as they never pay off for me).

Pro-rated road hazard and lifetime rotation and balancing, is NOT part of the certificates, that comes with every purchase (you pay per tire for the initial balancing and that covers you for life). They will also repair flats for free, and not using plugs (using internal patches).

Note that Discount Tire will rotate your tires EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T BUY THEM THERE. Great company!

Last edited by Ricktwuhk; 09-01-2014 at 11:17 AM.
mike.h20 (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 12:04 PM
On down the highway

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Discount Tire's certificates are available per tire. The cost, as indicated previously, varies depending on what you buy.
I did not disagree with cost varies buy tire, I just didn't know.. my dad paid the same as me with his buick lacrosse. guess the tires were similar in cost??

doesn't make financial sense for me and I didn't take it (I don't ever take anyone's extended warranties as they never pay off for me).
The tire rotation for me alone was worth the cost to me, truck sits so tight in the garage, its a pain to manuver around to swap tires...also I tend to get flats a few times a year....not by choice, but idiots at my work tend to leave nails everywhere!...again for me, cost was a no brainer

that Discount Tire will rotate your tires EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T BUY THEM THERE. Great company!
kinda a funny story.. my first tire that took a nail, the new tire was bought and paid for at NTB. They scratched the rim and ended up buying me a new one for just under $400 there cost. When they got the rim, they told me they could not mount it without scratching it again.
I went to discount...another forum member said they have the hunter gear that can mount the rims(scratch free) they charged 30 bucks to mount and balance the tire w/new valve stem.
without buying the tire there, they offered the policy on all 4!
I wished I knew about this place sooner! with all the nails my tires eat... money in the bank for me!
regardless if I used the certificate or not, they just got a lifetime customer

Quick Reply: Ouch