Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are options (engine start, lock, unlock) on the FordPass app only for a trail period?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 01:05 PM
Jared

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Are options (engine start, lock, unlock) on the FordPass app only for a trail period?

Like title says, do those options go away after some trial period on the FordPass app? My wife has a 2018 traverse and the Chevy app only gives a trial period (3 months or a month, can't remember) for those options on the app then you have to get a subscription. I purchased a 2020 sierra in April (traded it in on the f150 on Monday of this week) and it also had those options on the GMC app for a trial period. I tried to search the forum but didn't find this question asked and didn't see anything in the app about a trial period. Thanks all!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Jared

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Never mind. Just noticed the chat feature on the app. Chatted with someone and they said the lock, unlock, and engine start are free "for the duration of your Ford vehicle." I must say thats awesome. ha The GMC and Chevy apps only give you that free for a month. Then you must pay a subscription. Thanks Ford!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:53 PM

Received 5,993 Likes on 3,555 Posts

It was not free for life before, Ford changed it last year.
The following users liked this post:
ArkFord20 (08-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Are options (engine start, lock, unlock) on the FordPass app only for a trail period?