Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions wanted 05 f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Atticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions wanted 05 f150

Hey all, I drive a 2005 F-150, 4x4, just rolled into 142k miles.
I'd love to lift the thing, and put as much as 37's underneath it, regear, and everything else under the sun, but unfortunately my ATM keeps flashing the word "Overdrawn" when I tried to withdraw all the free 20's the teller told me about.
Satire aside, my thought is, and I'd love to hear any and all opinions; Is it worth it to put a $1400 6in lift on a 13 year old truck with 140k miles?
I'd like to put 35's underneath, and I'm comfortable with some rubbing and minor trimming, should I be looking into >$500 3-4in lifts? I realize that it's not a suspension lift, which will greatly impact CV angles and accelerate wear. I do not want to accelerate wear on parts that are already 13 years old and have 140k miles, I will be replacing all upper, lower ball joints and tie rods in the near future too - if I'm not mistaken, that really just leaves 4x4 components left to feel that wear and tear. Unfortunately, again, I'm also one of us who uses my 4x4 consistently around 3x a week.

Sidenote: I know 6in lifts require some permanent modifications, to what degree and what exactly is permanent?

Thank you all,
Andrew

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted 05 f150