General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

okay. facts only inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 AM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Okay. Im tired of reading stuff like, body lifts are gay, or body lifts look like ****. Body lifts are for cheapos. Really guys?? C'mon. Give me some intelligence for a minute. Here's my arguement to everything ive read. And ive never read or seen or heard any proof as to anything i say is wrong. So please, correct me as much as possible. And dont say, they are just gay, so i dont want one. I dont give a **** if you want one or not. Dont be complrtely ignorant. Now. People say body lifts cause more damage in an accident, or a guys bed fell off offroad.

Answer: 95% chance they dint have quality grade 8 body bolts at the right length, 5% chance they shouldnt be wheeling that hard with a street legal truck anyway.

Now, body lifts are pointless and have no performance value.

Answer: body lifts give you more clearance for larger tires. Last time i got stuck, my rear diff got hung up, a suspension lift would have made NO difference. The whole point is bigger tires and a lifted look, bigger tires move your axle farther off the ground. That is ground clearance. Not the bottom of your frame. You can build a 10 grand custom suspension with 33's, but i bet a guy with a 4" suspension and 3" body with 36's will out do you. And guess what, is was 9 grand cheaper. Hey hey!

Body lifts look like crap

Answer: this one goes half and half. Ive seen body lifts that look like absolute ****. But usually the main focus for those guys is that they want to wheel and they need bigger tires. End of story. But if you still want your truck to look good, i personally would only do a 2". Gap gaurds and new bumper mounts solve basically all visual problems.

Homemade body lifts are super dangerous

Answer: only when billy is drunk and every spacer he makes is a different length, and he buys the cheapest bolts he can find(that falls into the danger category). I plan on a hockey puck lift for my truck. I just cant seem to find any hockey oucks in stores around here. Homemade body lifts have to be done right. If you dont have the time to do it right, you must have time to do it over again, as well as all the money to fix all the crap you broke in the process. I figure for my truck, 2 pucks, with a metal washer inbetween, and a metal pipe just big enough for the bolt to go through, and about 3/8" shorter on each end so the pucks have the wieght, should be better than a rock hard, 2" in diameter poly block that wieghs about 2 oz. Just saying.

And the whole, have fun dealing with rusted bolts arguement

Answer: your buying new bolts anyway, if youve got access to a torch you just trimmed about an hour off your job. Its that simple. Now with suspension lifts, you need alignments, usually new steering components, you start putting excessive wear on u joints and tie rods and ball joints. Do you do that with a body lift, nope. You do a little bit when you put the bigger tires on that the BODY LIFT allowed you to CLEAR though.

Now. Again, please prove me wrong with cold hard, proven facts. I beg of you. Because i must be stupid or not up with times because according to everyone,"body lifts are for homos"

Last edited by Wondertwin1; 08-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 AM
call me Randy

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

well i gotta say, im proud of you, you literally just successfully wasted 10 minutes of your life typing out something that everyone already knew

what if you need some more wheel travel?? you know for doing some good offroading. a suspension lift does that

dont need an alignment for a BL, ok just lift it 3" and keep the stock narrow tiny tires, bigger wider tire installation - mounting, balancing, alignment your gona have to do it anyways

and it does look like crap when you see the frame hanging out under the body of the truck, dont think they make brackets for that

but if all you want is bigger tires then sure get a BL, nobody's stoppin ya
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
GIGGITY

Wheel travel. Good point. Unless you get a specialized mid travel or long travel setup. Your suspension travel didnt increase much at all. Maybe an inch or two. Its better than stock, but not much. And as a matter of fact, i never heard anyone say gettig bigger tires required realignment. youre probably better off getting one, but if it was fine before then it should still be okay. And the frame hanging out. When a truck has an 8" lift and 38's or whatever all you see from a car is the underbody, aka. Frame, driveline, axles. Still the same sight as a body lift. And its more expensive.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:08 AM
call me Randy

normally when you do anything to the front at all, it will mess it up some, so an alignment is always good when messing with the front suspension and tires

you wont see the side of the frame hanging down 3" below the body line
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 AM
GIGGITY

You still see it all. And i can see my frame stock, an i got tired of it looking like crap, so i spent an entire day washing scrubbing and painting my frame, underbody, suspension and axles. Like i said, if someone takes the pride in doing it right, it looks good. Show me pictures of horrible body lifts, and how the frame looks super tacky because you can see it. Again, you see em on all the lifted trucks. I personally think the lowering bracket for ifs trucks that is up front is tacky and ugly as hell.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 AM
call me Randy

ok just to use a couple people trucks from on here, first one with a BL where the frame looks "tacky", then a lifted truck with a suspension lift from a low vantage point "car view"
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 AM
GIGGITY

Okay. You see a little more frame on the green one, but it also osnt painted and looking nice like the others. I still see alot of frame in that last one. And i bet if the green ones frame was painted up and done right, it would look damn good. And the one with the lift has a nice paint job on the frame. So its no contest which looks better. Find a good looking body lift and a good looking suspension lift.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
call me Randy

it dont matter if the frame is painted or not, its still gona be really noticeable, a body lift wouldn't look bad if you have nerf bars that can cover up the frame, but if you dont then the frame is gona be real noticeable and dont look good

ok can somebody else pitch in so he can have somebody to argue with, its freakin 2am, im goin to bed

Last edited by 2000MTZ; 08-14-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 AM
GIGGITY

Ahh.. good point. Steps. Actually. Thats an awesome disguise. I personally think as long as its painted up and not looking like **** it doesnt make a difference. It looks sharp and clean. But with nerf bars it solves that problem entirely. Okay. Now. Any other reason why a body lift is wrog other than the its gay or cheap or whatever?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:16 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

I can drive a bone stock ford ranger through more snow than you can drive your jacked up truck with big tires through, haha!

Quick Reply: okay. facts only inside.